I got a tetanus shot exactly two weeks ago in my shoulder, and it still hurts. The first week it hurt only when I moved it, but now it hurts when I don't move it. If I use that shoulder muscle, it starts hurting for a while really bad. I thought a regular tetanus shot would only hurt for a couple of days. Is two weeks or longer normal? I don't want to go back to the doctor, so I don't know what to do.

It has been two weeks since my shot. I have been experiencing a terrible pain in the shoulder where I got the shot. I have been doing research online because Dr. seem to be clueless. Companies that make the shot know exactly that there has been thousands of reports like ours and they still administer the shot without telling you this beforehand! this is some info I found among other terrible stories that people have (such as having the same pain after 2 years!!!).
Can you please let me know if your pain went away? I feel hopeless!
Thanks!

I had a tetanus shot about a month ago and ever since my right arm and shoulder has ached terribly even enough to keep me up at night. Is this from the shot? if so how can I find out more about this side effect.

Pain is NOT supposed to keep you up. That bis a level that needs to be addressed. I have seen alot about this. They try to keep it under wraps but a small number of people have bad reactions to tetanaus shots. Put reaction to Tetanus Vaccine in your briwser. I saw that the governmentr reimburses but it is a nightmare of a fight.

I also got a tetanus shot and although the doctor states there is no way my "reaction" was related to the shot I KNOW it was.  Unlike many of you, they did not give me the shot in my arm, but in my hip.  The next day a LUMP or BUBBLE..whatever you want to call it, popped up on my stomach, "directly" through my body from where the injection site was in my hip, around the lower abdomen area.  It looked as if I had an EGG under the skin and was extremely painful. I went back to the doctor as she was concerned I may have a "hernia" although she said a hernia should not be painful.  Well, it was not a hernia, so she just sent me back home. Over the course of a week or two the "EGG BUBBLE" moved slowly around my body and remained extremely "painful" and as it moved around my body, and side of my hip ect, I could not even lay in bed on that area. Eventually it moved totally around my body and settled in the same spot where I got the tetanus shot.  It then slowly started to go down and be less painful until it finally went away. I KNOW it is no coincidence that it ended up in the EXACT location where I received the shot.  The doctors can argue all they want about what and what is not "common" but I am fearful of ever getting one again because I have no idea what kind of reaction I may have.

It's seven months now that I had my tetanus shot and my shoulder is in constant pain especially when I used my shoulder muscles. I tried hot and cold compress but still no improvement.

I had a tetanus shot 5 weeks ago and the muscle where I had the shot is painful and it now radiates to my shoulder and my neck. I can only hope it will go away.

You said this 4months ago. Hows it now?