I got a tetanus shot and first my arm was completely fine but then the next day my arm was in severe pain. I think I am having reaction. I was sick and where the shot is it is swollen. I put icepack on it. Is this normal after tetanus shot? What I should do?

I got tetanus shot a few months ago and my arm was in pain for a couple of days, but not severe as yours. You should keep in mind that while some people experience adverse reactions to vaccines. A lot of us don't have really bad reactions to tetanus, but there are also people out there who have severe allergic reactions.

I got a tetanus shot yesterday and my arm is also in severe pain!!! I geuss it is better than getting the virus. Well, Im going to try an ice pack as I sit here and attempt to write a 10 page term paper with a brace and gauze around my left middle finger, because I cut it, which is why I had to get the shot in the first place. The effects of the tetanus shot is wayyy worse than the pain/discomfort associated with the cut. uggggggghhh......

I'm usually very healthy, but I got a tetanus shot two days ago and my arm hurts like a SOB. I feel sick to my stomach, dizzy, and I'm getting sharp pains right below my ribs. I've read abotu adverse reactions to vaccines, but I have gotten 2 of these shots before, so I think I'm ok...

Those other ones hurt pretty bad too

I got a tetanus shot a few years back due to a burn while cleaning my oven with the oven cleaner, Mr. Muscle. (didn't wear gloves, duh) I went to the hospital and got the shot after they scrubbed the burn out with a brush and sterile water. I woke the next morning and couldn't raise my arm past hip. I called the Doctor and was told that the nurse probably hit the muscle in my arm. I had no other reaction, but i had pain for over a week.

I got a tetanus shot four days ago and I am just able to use my arm today. While receiving the shot, I was told nothing, but when I went to the school nurse, they said that a reaction is common. Four days later my arm is still hot and red, and I am developing a skin rash as well as a bruise at the shot site. I am dizzy and almost feel hungover, but I am going to go with your advice and rest and ice it, even though the nurse said to use a heat compress...

i got a tetanus shot three days ago, still sore and have a pretty painful bruise. also, having trouble lifting things with that arm, pushing doors open, etc. also experiencing sharp pains in shoulder and ribs of the shot side.

Yes I got a tetanus shot yesterday and it feels like someone punched me in the arm! >:( but my doctor told me it would stop hurting in a few days so I think that you all will be fine after a few days ! :-D

Anyone know of all the people who had the reactions, how long did the symptoms last?
I am having the same symptoms 2 days after I got the Tetnus shot. Arm is sore, redish patch, warm/hot to touch, feeling dizzy, weak legs, and shoulders, arms as well. Any idea how long it take to become normal again?

I had a tetanus shot two months ago and still have dull pain in my upper arm. For a week it really hurt badly, and now it's just an annoying dull ache. I happened to mention it to my eye doctor who said his wife, a rower, had a hard time rowing for six weeks after her shot because her arm hurt so much. I've been swimming and working up my arm muscles, so I'm thinking maybe the more lean the arm tissue the worse the reaction? All I know is I don't think I'll ever get another one!

I had a tetanus shot 48 hours ago and I am suffering from severe headaches, tiredness and worst of all can't move my arm, it's very painful and rigid, swollen and redish. I am taking paracetamol and iboprufen combined but the simplest things, such as brushing my teeth, are very painful. Any suggestions to get better soon?

I got a tetanus shot yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night shivering uncontrollably as if my body was extremely cold. I walked to the bathroom and was very dizzy to whole way. I turned on the space heater and sat in there for about 5 minutes to try and warm my body up. once i was finally able to at least somewhat control myself i went back to bed and was able to snuggle close to my wife and warm up. though my body was extremely sore. i drank a bottle of water before i fell back to sleep. I woke up about an hour later and my body felt like someone had punched each individual muscle. my arm that received the shot was more sore than the rest of my body but the rest of my body was still really really sore. i kept waking up every hour, where i would drink another bottle of water to try and flush the poison out of my body. I kept feeling slightly better each time i woke up. this morning i feel like i was in a bad fight. and normally i'm the one who feels warm or comfortable in a cool room. well i feel cold and am wrapped up in a blanket this morning. after a long shower, continuing to drink water and some excedrin i'm feeling better but don't feel like moving off the couch. I've never had a reaction to a shot like this before. (i'm assuming that it's only the shot making me feel this way, as there are no signs of spider bites or anything). I think once i move around some today and stretch out my muscles and continue to put fluids in my body i'll feel ok by tomorrow. I would assume that my arm will be sore for about 4 more days though.

On Monday I went to the doctor for treatment and she asked if I'd had the tetanus shot in the last 10 years. "No." She demanded I get it, and I did. The shot didn't hurt, but by evening I was sick as a dog. I have fever, chills, a feeling of bronchitis, tight neck, headache, and very draining body ache. It has now been two days of fever and I'm not getting better. I'm having to miss work, which really bugs me.

Why do I accept these poisons into my system??

Ok, I found this page because I'm having some minor side effects too. But I'm surprised to hear so many people lamenting that they got the shot because of, in most cases, a few days of feeling icky or having a sore arm.

Seriously, go look up Tetanus on wikipedia. Read about how it's hard (or sometimes impossible) to catch or diagnose before it's too late. We're not just talking about rusty nails here. And while you're there, read about the painful, slow, agonizing and torturous death it can lead too.

THAT is why you got the vaccination.

I don't like vaccines either and generally avoid them. But this is different. How about thanking your lucky stars for modern medicine, even if it does have it's weaknesses.

ok so i had my first twinrex vaccine,one of three, and it is hep A and B shot combine and after a shot your arm usually only hurts for three-four days sometimes more if its bad but i got mine 11 days ago and when i move my arm a certain way it feels like im being pricked with a needle all over again. is it possible that the needle may have hit a nerve cluster or something? it should not hurt like this so long after the shot. i went to the gym the same day i got the vaccine and that may have stressed the muscle further. im just concerned as to why this is happening, the shot also burned A LOT when the fluid was injected and im not sure if any of this is normal. i had a different shot almost a month before, a regular booster shot, and it only hurt for a few days. please anyone with advice or ideas plz let me know