Hi, I am about to get a cortisone shot for shoulder pain, I hope it will help. Did anyone do it before, what are the experiences?

Hi, I got cortisone injection once I was under great pain and couldn’t stand any more. Cortisone is a type of steroid produced in stressful situations. Injectable cortisone is synthetically produced, is just like the natural. However, synthetic cortisone is not injected into the blood stream. It is administrated into a particular area of inflammation. Cortisone stops inflammation and you feel no more pain. It will be a great relief for you when you get the injection. Remember that cortisone is not a pain killer, it treats the inflammation. By injecting the cortisone into a particular body under inflammation, side-effects are kept on the minimum.

i just had a injection and was wondering if anyone knows if you can put on a heating pad after the injection

yoU should not put heat on an injury after a cortizone shot is given for at least 2 days!

I am getting ready to have a cortisone shot in my shoulder, was the shot painful?

I am getting ready for a cortisone shot to my shoulder. I'm a little anxious about the shot. Is it very painful?

I JUST HAD A CORTIZONE SHOT FOR A TORN ROTATOR CUFF.THEY NUMBED MY SCHOULDER SO THE SHOT WAS NOT BAD,BUT THE NEXT DAY I HADE A SMALL BRUISE AT THE INJECTION SITE.WELL WORTH IT
COMPARED TO PAIN FROM TORN CUFF.I WOULD RECOMEND IT.YOU JUST GOT TO REMEMBER TAHT PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED,IT JUST SUPPRESSES PAIN AND SWELLING.I GOT MINE TO HOLD ME OFF UNTILL SURGERY.

I just had my second shot in my shoulder. The shot itself wasn't too bad, but the next day (both times) my shoulder hurt more than before I received the shot. Recommendation: a) if you work, take the day after your shot "off". and b) get a sling...keeps your arm mobilized.

Hey, i am a high school baseball player going to be playing in college next year. This October i have developed a shoulder pain while i throw but that is the only time it hurts. The pain is unbearable but the MRI and x ray claim there was nothing torn. With the season coming up within the next couple of weeks, i was wondering if i were to recieve a cortisone shot if it would reduce my pain and if it did for how long would the pain be gone for. Also, after the cortisone wears off will the pain be the same. Thank you

On April 3, 2008 I will be receiving a shot in my neck. I did receive a cortizone shot in my shoulder back in September and it lasted for only a month. The shot didn't hurt, I felt it the needle release the cortizone and I slowly passed out. (Not much for needles) I was fastly awaken by the awful smell of something they put under your nose. I didn't notice any side effects. I was unhappy that it only lasted a short time. I noticed one day that I couldn't lift my left arm to brush my hair. So they gave me a shot. After the shot, I went back to the doctors to get a MRI on my Neck and Shoulder. I didn't have a tear in the cuff, but my neck x-ray showed that I had some herniated dics in C4 C5 (something like that). Moving my head to the right and left is painful and I have to do it slowly. I have lots of headachs and my left arm still hurts. Anyway they are going to give me a shot in my neck and I was wondering what to expect. How long will it last for? Will it make my turning my head feel much better? I am sure that it will feel the same as when I got the shot in my shoulder. What other side effects should I be worried about?

I just had a shot in my neck yesterday (April 25, 08). I have a cyst on the C4 vertebrae which they thought was irritating the nerve so they decided to give me a shot to reduce the inflamation. So far, some of the original pain I had is much less but I'm also dealing with a shoulder issue so this was more for diagnostic.

The procedure was simple. I chose to not be sedated and got to watch the process on a really cool live X-ray machine. The procedure itself only took about 15 min.

The side effects I seem to be experiencing are what I might consider a bruised feeling neck muscle. Kind of hurts to swallow and the muscle is sore from my ear down toward the front of the throat. I'm sure it will only last a few days and its more annoying then anything else!

Hope this helps...good luck!

I had a cortizone shot in my shoulder 9 months ago for pain that I was experiencing in my shoulder and it has lasted for 9 months. I have to go back now for another one now since the pain has returned but it was well worth it! The shot itself is uncomfortable, I don't like needles so I have a tendancy to pass out, but almost immediately I felt relief. I highly recommend it!!!

hi iv'e actually had 3 sets of shots in my shoulder i have a torn rotater cuff and i'm trying to avoid surgery but......my experience was..... the shot was very painful i was in alot of pain when i went though i was up for 2 nights after in pain but then when it subsided i had no more pain, problem is i did this 3 times cringing each time i went but hoping it would work now i'm seeking to change drs. for occupational therapy visits for relief i can't go through the pain from the shots any more and i'm pretty tough too but i started to cry when i got them they tell me cold compress is best for swelling and hot to bring blood to the area so i do both depending on how i feel hope this helps if your injury is minor to mine i would give it a try

I need a cortisone shot bad!

I went for my first cortizone injection 3 days ago The following 2days the pain was horrible today not so bad.I am wondering when i will be able to lift my arm up without pain.I have not seen any difference as of yet in the shoulder since the injection how long does it take before i can shave my armpit sorry if i grossed anyone out