Can L-glutamine influence the depression??? Can I use it for that purpose?? Thanks.

L-Glutamine plays an important role in many bodily functions – one of them is brain function. It converts more quickly into glucose than other amino acids helping maintain healthy blood sugar levels. As it can pass the blood-brain barrier, it is known as brain fuel. Increasing cerebral function, it is possible that it will reduce depression.

Glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter. This makes it mood-enhancing, and the well-known mood-stabilizing drug lithium works by antagonizing it. Supplementing glutamine (a precursor of glutamate) will apparently increase one's levels of dopamine, while reducing levels of serotonin. In this way, it increases emotional sensibility, especially to positive emotion.

Hallo,
I know that depression is very problematic and that it can cause many problems in life. The thing is that many people experience depression from time to time. The only problem is when you feel depressed all the time. IN that case you will need some help from medications. Usually doctors will prescribe antidepressants. But there are several supplements that can help you with depression as well. L glutamine is good for your brain and it can change the mood. So in my opinion you might benefit from this supplement but I am not really sure about the doses. You should consult your doctor about this. You don’t want to take too much of this.