I have case of Postpartum Depression in family. I’ve heard that omega 3 fish is helpful in depression. Do you know anything about it? Thank you in advance!

I have recently read some article that claim that fish oil alleviates signs of postpartum depression. That scientist noticed that countries with the highest fish consumption had the low rates of depression and also observed that mothers in England who ate very little fish during pregnancy doubled their risk of developing postpartum depression compared to women who ate fish regularly. There is also interesting info that they found that omega-3 fatty acids, when fed to piglets, had the same effect on the brain as the antidepressant Prozac: They raised levels of a critical neurotransmitter, serotonin.

Hi, I just started taking fish oil .. as recommended by my physician. I also take wellbutrin Xl after a round with Lexapro. I do feel better .. not sure if its change in medication or change in fish oil.
I will tell you that some of the cheaper kinds TASTE AWFUL (the gel caps)! That's why I am sticking to the one that is prescription .. the gel caps are huge. Hope this helps and good luck! ;-)