I am supposed to start my third pack on pills this sunday, but have yet to get my period!! I did miss a pill but took it the next morning when I remembered (just as the information said to do) and continued taking my pills at the normal time. I have NO signs of pregnancy, but slight cramping that I usually get before my period. Is this a common thing to happen on this pill or do I need to take a pregnancy test?? I'm almost sre that I'm not pregnant but I'm still a little scared... HELP!

I'm starting my third pack on Thursday, and I haven't got my period yet. I heard this is normal with Yaz, but if you miss two periods you should see your doctor...

I suffer from the same. In my second month of YAz with no period. You did the right thing by taking the pill the next day. Just like on the pack directions. When you miss a period you do not release an egg. There are some pills out there that people purposely take to miss periods. I did this on marvellon I would take the pills straight through for 3 months and in the 3rd month have my period. This was ideal for traveling. I was on marvellon for 6 years and it was a high dose so i wanted to change to a loser dose pill. Now remember when changing pills its important to use a back up method such as a condom. You will know if a condom breaks. If it does go see a doctor and get the morning after if you are freaked out about the Yaz not working. But seriously give you body three months to adjust. If you keep switching the pill before you give yourself 3 months you will do more damage (emotionally and hormonally to your body). After three months no period then i would speak to your Dr. There are all kinds of contraception out there. Something will be right for you, but while your body adjusts use condoms. I am allergic to spermicide and latex but I find Micro thins work well (come in all sizes).