I recently started taking YAZ birth control. I was taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about 3 years, but my pms symptoms became worse the past few months and my doc decided to switch pill to YAZ. I have read horrible things about this birth contol on the forum site posted on this page! I am somewhat nervous about taking this pill...it has been four days - no bad symptoms yet. Other than sweaty palms, slight nervous feeling in stomach and mild headace. Anyone out there had a good experience with YAZ?? Help...please. ;-)

I've been on Yaz for 8 days. It has been a nightmare since starting them. I've got swollen breasts, horrible cramps, low libido, lethargic and very emotional.

I've been on several bcp's including Yasmin. This is the worst one I've ever tried >;)

i started yaz a little over two weeks ago. all that i have heard is negative things about this pill and i am a little scared about what is to come. i have no complaints so far, though. my breasts are sore, but not too painfully. i had a headache the first week of the pills, but i'm not sure that the birth control is to blame for that. i've noticed a little spotting, but i've heard that is normal. good luck!

I've been on it for a little over two months...and for the first time in my life I just want to cry for no reason. I have mood swings! Honestly, I've never had that before (except in adolescence)- I'm not entirely sure its related to the pills, but I think it is. I'm generally a very happy person so this is a wierd change for me. I'm going to see if I can switch to another one.

Hi Angel I'm wondering how yaz has been working for you at this point and if you have noticed more or less of a weight increase effect or mood swings associated with ortho tricyclen or yaz. Thanks.

I also start Yaz about one month ago and I've noticed a huge difference in my qulaity of life itself. I know everyone is different when taking different pills but for me taking "low" dose pills make me so depressed, lethargic and cranky all that time i feel like the world is against me. I've tried many types of BC including Yasmine, Otho Tri Cyclen, Otho Tri Cyclen Lo and a few others. For me the best has been Yasmine but my doc suggest Yaz b/c a lot of woman really like it, i disagree! I wish you could just flip a switch to turn off the ability to be pregnant, because this pill has be hell for me. I'm glad i'm not alone in this one, the hype about it made it seem like an awesome new thing, eh... not so much.

I started Yaz and it's been wonderful for me besides sore breasts, and yes, mood swings. I might be pregnant, so I blame the mood swings on that so far and not Yaz. I've been on it for 2 months.

I have been on Yaz for over eight months. I am almost indifferent to this bc. This is my third bc in five years, the first being Yasmin, the second a progestin-only generic bc, and now Yaz. Aside from the break through bleeding (which I have been told is caused because I do not take my pills everyday at the same time, which everyone should do in general, regardless of the dose so that the hormones stay even throughout the month), I have not gained any weight, have generally clear skin when I don't pick at my pimples, and have a shortened period. BUT everyone should keep in mind when taking ANY pill that every individual is different, that we will each experience different symptoms, or non-symptoms, as well as different degrees of those symptoms. What we should all do is become aware of our bodies, and how we act throughout the day, whether we are more active in the morning or night, etc. and apply this awareness to any changes that might occur when we take any drug or even vitamin. It is also a good idea to keep in mind that when taking any drug that is meant to be taken for a while, there will usually be an adjustment period that may take place in which your body may act differently or uncomfortably, but is mainly due to the new changes taking place in your body. Keep in mind that your body may adjust and become regular again.
Peace and Joy!

I've been taking Yaz for three wks. The first two wks was great. The third wk is horrible. Yaz has f'd me up.......... Light headed, fatigue, headaches, anxiety, depression lost of appetite you name it.... All f'd up. I hate I listened to my doctor and took this medication. I belive he was trying to promote sales and I was screwed in the process. I currently was taking Orto Tyriclen Lo and I loved it. But, after two years on them it wasn't helping with cramps, and I switched life a big dummy. :cry: Please don't take um... My girlfriend takes them and she's fine, b/c she has a perioc for 2wks, that's why they works so well for her. Yaz is a screw up b/c I'm screwed up right now.

Da B

I am on Yaz for 11/2 months now, it is not as good as I thought it would be. I skipped a period, but not pregnant.. i feel very tired, fatigued, low sex drive next to none, headaches every sunday as a given sort of a migrane, swallen ankles feel like water filled ankles, sore breasts too. Suppose to not have any zits, but they are all over! For the price of this drug it should do miracles, for some reason not in my case.

Hi there everyone. I've been taking YAZ since January this year (which would be around 5 months). The first few months were great - no bad side effects, only a little moodiness, but PPMS was calmed dramatically. I had barely any PMS symptoms! My skin was clear and I was happy!

BUT - after about 4 months of taking it, all the positive effects began to fade.

I just got discharged from the Hospital today for SEVERE negative side effects related to this birth control pill! It has caused the most extreme pain and embarrassment I think I have ever experienced in my ENTIRE life!! I went from nearly-perfect skin to TERRIBLE skin so quickly - its to the point now that my entire face began to swell up, looking like bags hanging off of my chin! I was disfigured! I'm 22 and have always taken excellent care of my appearance! So this was a complete nightmare!

Not only that, but its spread down my legs. My legs have hundreds of little bumps all over them!

When I went to the E.R. they thought I had MRSA!! (And I can't blame them - go look up a picture of someone with MRSA online and that's similar to what I was looking like.)

That's how bad this YAZ birth control is! They put me in Isolation and would not even let me go to the bathroom - when ANYONE came in my room, they had to wear yellow masks, gloves and a protective gown -they thought I was deadly! I am not exaggerating.. all of this has been EXTREMELY traumatic for me! They treated me like I had a disease!

I FINALLY was told that the added hormones in YAZ is what caused all of this! I could not even lay down to sleep! When I layed down, the gravity would cause my face to bleed A LOT - not just a little drop, but it poured off of my face! It was even painful beyond words to even wash my face!

I thought I was dying - I have done nothing but cry over this for a month!

I am going to recommend ANYONE of you who is ever prescribed YAZ - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try something else first! I swear, gaining weight from another birth control is 1,000 TIMES BETTER than what I had to go through! And trust me, its still not back to normal yet - even after my stay at the hospital. My dermatologist is putting me on Acutane now (and I NEVER had trouble with acne!) and says it will be 2 months before I can even start treatment! (They have a new law that you have to have 2 negative pregnancy tests before you can start Acutane now - because of the bad effects it has on fetuses.)

Not only skin problems, but I have been having yeast infections that never want to go away!

I have been locking myself in my bedroom for what seems like forever. I dont want to see anyone while I'm looking like this!

I just HAD to tell all of you women about this! It has destroyed my life ~ and it will take 6-8 months before I am recovered completely! Its the worst thing I HAVE EVER had to go through.

Words can't even describe how P/O'ed I am right now! Or how much pain I am in!

PLEASE CONSIDER OTHER OPTIONS BEFORE STARTING YAZ!!! I can't stress that enough. I am a nurse and was working for a doctor that I trusted, and he WASNT even aware of what this would do to me. It wasn't the doctor's fault - THE COMPANY WHO IS MARKETING THIS BIRTH CONTROL ARE ONLY TREATING US LIKE LAB RATS!!

Try something else everyone - Yaz will only disfigure your beauty and shatter your health in the long run.

Yaz is the nightmare pcp. I have had extreme fatigue, depression, bloating, and mood swings. I cannot believe all the marketing hype about preventing pmdd. I have the work pms ever!! Do not take this pill.

Its my understanding Yaz can cause birth defects, so you should find out i fyou are pregnant ebfore you continue use

Most of the people that have been complaining about Yaz have only been on it for 2 weeks or so. I'm sure once you are on it for a while you will be fine. Because this pill is suppose to lessen anxiety/PMDD. I have been on it for 4 days now and I seen one negative side effects which is I feel hungry all the time, but if you work out you'll be fine! And a positive, the fact that my face has not been oily at all, and my zits are clearing up. I suffer with terrible headaches and I'm only 16 years old. Since taking Yaz, i have not gotten one single headache. I use to be on estro-step last year, and my headaches happened ALL the time. So honestly, just try it out for a little longer. I'm sure you ladies will like it!!

I have been taking Yaz now this is my 4th month. Prior to this pill I was taking nothing and I was having mood swings, depression, irregular periods, etc. So, I started taking this pill and I started to feel normal and good. About mid--month I got this horrible unbearable cramps and backaches. They went away after a few days. This has been happening every month. This month now, I got them again followed by horrible mood swings, crying spells, etc. And now it's been almost a week and the cramps are still there but not as bad and the mood swings and depression and crying spells are not going away. Is there a possibility that I am pregnant. I noticed these symptons right after my husband and I had unprotected sex. Like immediately. And since we've been pregnant 4 times now, my body reacts very quickly when becoming pregnant. Anyone have any feedback or opinions for me?