The whole premise of this movie is that the director (Morgan Spurlock) would eat nothing but food from the McDonald's menu for 3 meals a day for 30 days.

It's a documentary, but I use that word loosely. It's biased against McD's pretty heavily (no pun intended). The film quality is pretty low and the sound is sub-standard.

The film opens with Morgan getting physicals from 3 different Drs. All 3 of them declare him to be very, very healthy. Morgan then goes on a 3-a-day spree--eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at McDonald's.

There are lots of interviews along the way and I'm pretty sure he had to go out of his way to find the fattest of the fat people to show on camera. And some of the dumbest of the dumb too. :umno:

After a couple of days, he says that he's already starting to feel like poo from eating all this junk food. One scene shows him throwing up after eating a super-sized double qtr. pounder.

He checks in regularly with his doctors and his health is declining while his weight is climbing.

I don't know if I can post a spoiler for a documentary, but I'll end my review by saying that it doesn't get any better for Mr. Spurlock while he continues on his quest.

This movie provoked a lot of dialog between my wife, daughter and myself. That's pretty rare for us after a movie. I thought the movie was a little long, but that was about my only real complaint.

His health got worse? 8O

Did he try to prove something from the beginning?

I have this one at home from Netflix. Mrs. Pug's mom said it was very interesting.

:puke: I'm pretty turned off from fast food at the moment (watched it last night). Between this movie and reading Fast Food Nation a couple years ago.... I think that Spurlock chose McDonald's because it is the symbol of fast food. They were the trend setters, are marketed towards children more than the other chains, but mostly because they are the most recognizable face of fast food anywhere in the world. Spurlock could have chosen Wendy's or Burger King or various other fast food chains and had the same result, but it wouldn't have had the same effect as confronting the McWorld. Anyone who rents this needs to take a look at the bonus feature titled "The Smoking Fry". I'm less turned off the burgers as i am from the fries right now. In 10 weeks of being left in a jar on his desk, the fries did not get the least bit moldy. Even the Mcburgers and a home made burger and fry got moldy, but not the Mcfries. What do they put in those fries?

I just watched this last night. I still have a Mctummy ache.

My comment: if he ate nothing but carrots for a month, three meals a day, he wouldn't feel so hot either. I get his point, though. And I understand using overstatement to make your point. But the people who he is most trying to reach probably won't watch this. He's preachin' to the choir!

yeah, but...carrots will get moldy way before 10 weeks. What about those fries!!!?!?

I found it interesting, but.....they didn't elaborate on the guy that they introduced briefly in the film....Don somebody. Well, Don somebody is from Fond du Lac and has been eating every meal at M's for lots of years. Big Macs every day......and Don is skinny with no health problems. They had a two page spread a year ago in the newspapers here.

I can't remember.....but, he probably skipped the fries

My boss eats out 3 meals a day most days. Not only McD but pizza, taco bell, chicken, etc.
She weighs 105 pounds.
Of course, she already did have one heart attack--but her family is genetically predisposed. Both parents, both skinny had heart surgeries.
So, who knows?

Does she exercise at all? Morgan Spurlock cut down on any physical activity and even walking.

I think crappy food is still crappy to your body, even if it doesn't cause weight gain. As you said, your boss has had a heart attack. Its like those really bad lipitor commercials where someone who looks otherwise healthy actually has cholesterol problems? I think food people eat earlier in life accumulated over time causes problems (particularly heart and cancer related) later in life, even if you do manage to avoid obesity.

Oh yeah. She doesn't exercise at all. Ever. Avoids vitamins like the plague. Swears they make her sick.
I think you're right. The accumulation can't be good for her.

I love those commercials.....the one where the lady falls on the red carpet is my fave!

I like the one where the guy walks into a glass door at the gym? only because that is a trademark Pffff move