Hey guys this is my first topic that I am posting and hopefully not my last! Anyways, every time I go out to eat like fast food, my stomach will start to hurt and feel "full" when I barely ate my food. When I eat at home though I can eat so much before I feel "full." I don't know why my stomach is rejecting fast food for I eat it maybe 2-4 times a week. I'm almost 16 years old so is this normal? Should I go to a doctor? I talked to my mom and she said maybe since it only hurts when I eat fast foods that it may be that their food is fried while eating at home isn't. Thanks for your responses! (:

Well, first of all , that sounds great. I mean, your body is telling you "don't eat that food, it's bad for you". It's like your body knows the difference between healthy and junk food. jk. 

I don't think you should see a doctor because of it. 

What kind of food do you eat at home?

Haha yeah it's good in one way but I don't want this problem to persist per say if I take a girl out to eat-out with me and then I can only eat half and me wanting to lay down from how my stomach feels. at home I just eat food already made like snacks, popcorn, fruits, chips, sandwiches, leftovers, just ordinary stuff not really healthy but sometimes. The difference though is the food at home isn't fried and made in the fast food environment nor filled with unhealthy preservatives and c**p. So it's not that my stomach rejects unhealthy food it's something to do with the majority of fast food only. Also, surprisingly by how unhealthy I eat, I'm not fat. Maybe I just don't have a big stomach so I can't eat a lot when I go out and I'm eating snacks at home which is a less portion that say a burger, fry, and drinks. I'm not sure though.

Oh , i see what you're saying. 

Although it does sound reasonable that the reason for your pain is "fast food environment and preservatives", it's still somewhat strange. I mean, i personally don't know anyone who has a problem with junk food. Except the usual : "i hate myself" after eating 3 double cheeseburgers and large fries :). Plus, the mega industry of fast food chains wouldn't risk putting something in their food that would make someone ill ( during eating or shortly after!).

I don't know, my guess would be that you might be allergic to some "secret ingredient" in junk-food. Do you have any allergies? It wouldn't hurt to test.