I have been on the pill for over 4 years and my period has come at the same time every month. I admit that sometimes I forget to take a couple of pills, but as soon as I remember I take them. I have never not finished my pack of pills. This past month, my period was exactly one week early, I still had about 3 active pills left to take. This has never happened before. Well, I had my period the usual amount of time, for about 4 days, it ended on Sunday, and then I started again a couple of days later on Wednsday. It was not not very heavy, and it was a brownish color. Does anyone know why this may have happened? I have my female doctors appointment next month. One thing I am thinking that could have messed up my cycle, is that I have lost about 20 pounds in the past 2 months. Could dramatic weight loss be a cause for this?

beckmunns, absolutely! Weight has a big impact on your ability to menstruate, and that is a significant amount of weight loss. Depending on how much you weighed before, that's at least 10% of your total body fat. That would have a very big impact on you! Was your period abnormal last month too or is this the first time? Does anyone else out there have experience with losing weight and changing their period? In either case, you should talk to your doctor so she knows about this. GOod luck to you!

I agree with helathandfitnessguy, you lost big amount of weight. Maybe the first month you didn't lose that much, but on the second month this had an impact to your body. It is necessary for you to see a doctor, but as you have mentioned you already have an appointment next month. I think that you don't have to rush things, and that you can wait for your appointment.

Hey Beckmunns,

I am having the exact problem you are having. Been on the pill around three years, this last month My period came exactly a week early but was light, so i figured it was just spotting well it stopped on Monday but then returned Wednesday night and was a brownish color. I went to the doctor yesterday and told him and he said it could be due to my weightloss, because I have dropped around 20 pounds in the last month also...He took my bloodwork and i assume he will be getting back to me to let me know if anything is wrong within the next couple days.