HI, I really need to know if this is normal .I'm 16 years old, and i'm on my 3rd month of alesse, i didn't miss any pills, but i got my period about a week and a half before the placebo pills . I'm afraid that if i get my period again, while i'm on the placebo's that i'll lose too much blood. Can you please answer my question. Thank you for your time

Breakthrough bleeding, irregular bleeding and skipping is common in the first 3 months of taking the pill, so don't worry.

It can be caused by erratic pill taking, using antibiotics or extreme stress, but can happen for no reason at all, as the body adjusts to the pills

You won't lose too much blood!!! Don't worry, menstruation isn't pure blood you are losing anyway, it is a tiny amount compared to the pints of blood in your body.

Chances are, the withdrawal bleed you get on your placebo pills will be quite light, as the bleeding you have just had halfway into your cycle means there wont be a lot of endometrial lining left to shed in your placebo week.

but if you are concerned, eat foods with iron to stay healthy (such as red meat if you are not a vegetarian)

Yeah That is ok...trust me you won't lose to much blood I was on loestrin and i was on my period for 31 days. Talks about a LONG period!!

I have actually learned from personal experience (though I did take a few pills late) that if you happen to get your period early on the pill, you actually have a good chance of not bleeding at all when you period should have come. I took two of my pills late early into a pack and I bled for a few days a week before and by the time I was just on my placebo pills I didn't bleed at all. It's not anything to worry about too much, the walls have already been released from your body so not having a period when the pills say you should is normal. Though if you have this early period AND you also get your normal period you may want to see te doctor.

What about if you had sex during the placebo week but you had your period before that week? i just finished my 2nd month, and i had to take the morning after pill in the middle of last month (for no reason really, i just started having sex and i was freaking out about it. i have never missed a pill)

So i got my period in the middle of the 2nd/beggining of 3rd week of the month after i took the morning-after pill. I did not have my period at all during the placebo week, and had sex on that thursday. Am i still being protected by birth control?

So I've been on the pill for a while now more then 4 months like 7 i think and i am bleeding a week early, sometimes its heavy and some times its just light brown. I do have sex, but i have not missed a pill so is it normal?

....Yeah... I'm on my fifth month, and for the second month in a row my period came a week early and is now in it's second week.. it anoying and worrisome..

Ok i'm on alyesse as well been on it for about 2 years, i've had the same problem since i just decided to see the dates its supposed to fall on and well its about a week early every month, but i am getting a cycle its not that heavy other then the 1 day after that the 2 1/2 days are fairly light and can be brownish ( i now know its old blood). I've seen my Dr about the lightness of it and i know its normal.

I'm the same way, I get my period about a week before the placebo pills... I'm only on my 4th month but I still don't like that it hasn't regulated itself yet to line up with the last 4 placebo pills. Has anyone had the same problem when it corrects itself eventually? Should I line up my placebo pills with when my period typically falls? 

Hi there! i have taken a few pills late and then end  up bleeding for a couple days but then when my period is supposed to come it does not ! is this normal? should i stop taking it until my period does come and then start a new pack? this has happened 2 months straight.