Hi. I`m 29 and have a kidney disorder called IgA Nephropathy. I know that this disease is usually uncurable, and that the treatment focuses on slowing the progression of the disease and preventing complications, such as high blood pressure. But I don`t know how did I get it? What could be the cause of my nephropathy?

Hi. My husband have a chronic kidney disease and a diabetic nephropathy was the cause of that disease. So I know a lot about nephropathy. First, kidneys are made of millions of units called nephrons. Nephrons have tuft of blood vessels called a glomerulus, which filters blood and forms urine. So the earliest detectable change (a stage called microabuminuria), in the course of diabetic nephropathy is a thickening in the glomerulus. As diabetic nephropathy progresses, increasing numbers of glomeruli are destroyed. Diabetic nephropathy is the main cause of a chronic kidney failure. The disorder progresses toward end-stage kidney disease. The main treatment is angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors. Diabetic nephropathy continues to get worse.