Hello everyone. I have problems with very high blood pressure. Whenever I go to some doctor, they keep telling me that this is something that they don't see often. They can't believe that any of those medications that I was using before never helped me in this situation. So now my doctor wants me to start use Coversyl. I don't know anyone who was using it and I really don't know how this medication works. Can you tell me more about it? How does Coversyl work and what will it do for me?  Looking forward to read your answers. Thank you. 

Hey there Barry.

Here is what you need to know about Coversyl. You already know that it is used for high blood pressure with unknown cause. Coversyl tablets contain two active ingredients – indapamide and perindopil. Indapamide is a type of medicine that is called a diuretic and perindopil is a type of medicine called an ACE inhibitor. Well, these are medications that are used to lower blood pressure down and coversyl is really great because of it.

It will block the action of compound in the body called angiotensin converting enzyme and normaly ACE produces some other compound that is called angiotensin II.

Hi Barry,

You should know that this medicine is only obtainable with a doctor's prescription.

This medicine is also prescribed for people with heart failure. Heart failure means that the heart can't pump blood strongly enough to supply all the blood needed throughout the body. Heart failure is not the same as heart attack and does not mean that the heart stops working. So Coversyl is prescribed to people who have heart failure and as well to people who have coronary artery disease.

There are some people who shouldn't use this medication, you need to talk to your doctor about this matter to be sure that you are not one of these people.

Hey Barry,

I'll tell you when you shouldn't take Coversyl so you don't have to talk to your doctor about this.

You shouldn't take it if you are allergic to perindopril, or any other ACE inhibitor, if you have experienced symptoms such as wheezing, swelling of the face, tongue, lips or throat, intense itching or severe skin rashes, if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (which I suppose isn't the case with you), if you undergo renal dialysis using polyacrylonitrile membranes, if you have diabetes or impaired kidney function or if you are using a blood pressure lowering medicine which contains aliskiren.

Hey everyone,

Barry, the dose of Coversyl that you need to take daily will be told to you by your doctor. This should normally be 2.5 milligrams, 5 milligrams or 10 milligrams taken one a day. It's preferred to take your tablet in the morning, before your meal.

If you forget to take your pill and it is almost time for your next dose, you should skip the dose that you missed. Otherwise, take it as soon as you remember, and then go back to taking it as you would normally. You should know that you shouldn't take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.

Hey everyone,

This medication works by blocking the action of a compound in the body called angiotensin converting enzyme (because this medication consists of ACE inhibitor). Normally ACE produces another compound called angiotensin II as part of the body's natural control of blood pressure. Angiotensin II causes blood vessels to constrict and narrow, which increases the pressure within the blood vessels.

I know that this specific medication Coversyl has a lot of bad side effects which you need to talk about to your doctor. I have a friend who is using this medication and he isn't feeling very well after using it.

Hey everyone.

Hello Barry. Look, corvesyl tablets contain the active ingredient that is called perindopril which is a type of medicine known as ACE inhibitor. Well this medicine work by blocking the action of the compound in the body called angiotensin converting enzyme. Regularly ACE produces another compound called angiotensin II and that is a normal part of everyone’s body which is used to control blood pressure. This pill will reduce pressure within the blood vessels and that means that the heart doesn’t have to work as hard to pump the blood around the body.

I believe that this is basically it. I hope that it is helpful.

Hey everyone. So, here is what I need to share with you. I started to use coversyl three days ago. But I am really terrified because I don't feel that good after taking it. I don't know how to explain the feeling but I feel that I am - helpless. I think that this is the best way to describe my current situation. I feel like I don't want to do anything at all, I just want to be in my bed, I don't have a will to do anything at all. Tell me, is this a depression or what? Is this a ordinary side - effect or I should seek for another opinion. I don't know what to do...

Hello there.

Look Barry, those are probably the first side - effects because your body is trying to get used to some new medicine and that is something new in your organism. So, in the first couple of weeks, even months you shouldn't be that scared at all. You just need to try to control it and take this medicine on the regular basis. If this continues than you should seek the help from your doctor immediately. But I think that you should wait and that there is no reason for you to be that scared. I am sure that everything is going to be ok.