I'm diabetic for years and also I have a high blood pressure. Two years ago I got diabetic nephropathy too. Now blood and urine tests indicated reduced kidney function. Doctor thinks that only 50% of my kidneys function. I need to do some more additional analyses. Is it possible that only 50% of my kidneys functioning due to diabetic nephropathy?

Hi! I know something about diabetic nephropathy because I have it also. Unfortunately diabetic nephropathy is the most common cause of chronic kidney failure. You need to treat diabetic nephropathy properly. Using medicaments is not enough. Strict diet is very important. Just be patient and careful, you still can help yourself. Good luck!

Hallo,
Diabetic nephropathy is a disease that damages your kidneys. In many cases you won’t have any symptoms at all but there will be damage to your kidneys. Nephrons are small units that filter your blood in the kidneys and over time they tend to get thick. If you have diabetes and you are not taking your medication regularly you may damage your kidneys in a way that nephrons don’t function properly. I am not sure that you can fix this condition. The treatment is only to stop any further damage of your kidneys. Can you tell me something about your diet? You will have to alter your diet in order to stop the damage to your kidneys and you need to take the insulin on time.