I was so happy to locate this site. I had a kidney transplant November 17, 2007. It was the perfect match in every way. I was told that it couldn't have been better had it been from an identical twin sister. But like others I had read, I am so sensitive to all the medications. I have already been switched to other types of antirejection medications due to intolerance. I am also taking 120 mg of Lasix twice a day, my face is breaking out, and I have hair growth any teenage boy would love, not to mention the weight gain. I too am so embarassed to out in public, not to mention the fact that none of my clothes fits anymore. I am so blessed to have received my kidney when I did as I was about to go on dialysis. But it's not been an easy road for me and apparently like so many - the doctors don't understand. My creatine levels just all over the place and no one knows why. My Nephrologist thinks I have a blockage (I have had several ultrasound, biopsy and renogram). They are arguing back and forth with the surgeons about the blockage and now the surgeon had referred me to urologist - he thinks my bladder isn't emptying out completely. Everything I have found on the web doesn't sound like me. Has this happened to anyone else - any advice?

hello! i just had a kidney transplant on October 9, 2008 from my twin sister. i agree that all the doctors that have been involved with my transplant including my nephrologist are so amazed that the kidney is from my identical sister. they say it is like giving myself a kidney. haha. we just turned 26 years old on Oct. 11th and it was such a great b-day gift. i did not want to go through dialysis any longer... four months and some days was enough.

i am sorry to here you are going through a rough patch post transplant. i have a renal disease called IGA-nephropathy also called berger's disease. so far so good but unfortunately, my doctors tell me that i have a very slim chance of rejection and that we just have to monitor my disease in case it "may" occur again. basically it is a 50/50 chance my disease my come back and only time will tell. what kind of anti-rejection meds are you taking? i am currently on myfortic 2 times a day and i haven't had any side effects.

i hope everything works out for you!!

Hi Marlee. I'm a twin in Toronto. I just received my twin sister's kidney Oct. 16, 2008!! 50 years to the day since the 1st kidney transplant was done, also with twins!!
I am off my blood pressure meds, which I've been on since age 14. I"m 37 now. All I take is cholesterol med.
I'm not on anti-rejection meds. Why r u?
I never did start dialysis, thank God.
Doctors are uncertain if my new kidney will last throughout my life without a glitch. My disease developed, they think, because I got alot of infections as a baby. I was born at 6 lbs. 8 oz., and by 6 months of age, I was only 9 lbs. Being malnourished by my parents probably encouraged sickness at a young age, thereby, doing damage to my kidneys progressively over the years.
take care 4 now

Hi I AM AMMAR, I just had a kidney transplant ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed PLEASE visit my website about me

Hi Marlee,

I was just diagnosed with IGA two weeks ago. For now im taking a lot of meds including a high dose of steroids. The doctor is trying everything he can to postpone the transplantation for now. How long did it take for you from the time you found you were sick to transplant? Any other advice you can give me? Im only 30 and very scared.

Hi Aniam :)

I was diagnosed with IGA in 2010. Ironically i was 29 at that time too ! No one can predict the course/progression of your IGA, as it is unique to every individual. Your best bet is to take your imunosupresants( steroids) religiously, follow the diet your dietitian recommends.

Unfortunately, my IGA progressed very quickly. I was diagnosed in April, when my kidney functions were about 60 to 50% remaining. By August I was left with less than 15% . And if I understood it right less than 15% is considered ESRD (End stage renal disease) which requires a kidney transplant. By September I was started on peritoneal dialysis. Since then I am doing fairly okay except one episode of peritonitis, which is common in Peritoneal dialysis. After a year and half on being dialysis, I have found a donor (my sister) :) I should get a transplant in couple of months.

While my IGA progressed so fast, I have heard people who has IGA for decades without progression. I hope you are one of the later ones.

IT's hard not feel aggravated and disappointed to be going through life at this age. I know a friend whose 8 years old is going through the same. He is my inspiration. Thinking of hi, going through it at such a young age, I feel I have no right to complain about my problem. That's my coping mechanism.

Good luck to you, take good care of your self.

Hi , i am male 31, sound health , never smoke , never drink 
A+ blood group
really want to sell my one kidney
This is serious and genuine request , so pls serious people contact with me
thanks

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use