i just started the nuva ring two weeks ago. my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex, and my ring came out. i had no ideal that it came out until he call me a couple hours later an asked me was i missing something. i was too late to put another one in. i started spotting two days later. it would start in the moring and stop by the afternoon. is there a chance that i can get pregnant!

this has happened to me a few times. i was on the nuva ring about two years ago, and it used to come out on me too. but i always just put it back in.i wouldn't worry about getting pregnant though. it's very effective. in fact, i took me a year after i stopped using it to get pregnant. a year to the month. but i would put another one back in as soon as possible. the spotting is just a result of not having the hormones. your trying to start your period again, and you don't have enough lining in your uterus to start again.

Hey so last night me and my bf had unprotected sex and I didnt realize at the time but my ring fell out. This afternoon my bf was making the bed and was like honey are you missing something. I said like what he held it up I had no clue what to do, Im so hoping I did the right thing I rinsed it off in hot water and popped it back in. Im still in shock I had no idea it could fall out. Now I will be checking after intercourse.