Im so confused. I started Yaz 8 days ago. Today at 6pm i took my 8th pill. I read that Yaz, the pill im on takes 7 days to start working? but some told me it takes months to get inot the habit with my system. The packet says 7 but im still uneasy about it. The packet says to start taking the pill the sunday after i start my period. my appt wasnt until 4 days after i ended my period, and i stated taking the pill that sunday because my doctor told me too. Today being the 8th day i was on it and it said it only takes 7 days to work my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex for the first time ever and he did not withdraw, im very worried this could make me pregnant, should i be worried!?!? what should i do? please help. :'( :'( ?

Im on the same boat. i need an answer

same boat. I started like 3 weeks ago, but he withdrew and now i'm spotting and haven't gotten my period yet and i'm freaked out!

don't be freaked...as long as you are taking it daily you have no reason to worry...

First, you should always check with your doctor in regards to this sort of thing. So many people begin taking the pill and don't really know anything about the medicine, so they read and hear various bits of information regarding the time it takes the pill to be effective and don't know what to believe. It can be a little awkward to speak with a doctor about this stuff (many people just want to get the prescription and get out) but that is what your physician is for.

At any rate, to maximize effectiveness you need to take the pill around the same time every day. If you miss one mini-pill you have an increased risk of pregnancy; however, usually missing one is okay (so long as you take it when you remember [meaning you may take two pills in one day]). If you miss two pills in a row, wait to have sex (or use other protection) for seven days.

If you start the pill the first day of your period, it becomes effective immediately. The pill prevents ovulation (among other things) and starting before your body begins it's next cycle is most effective.

If you start the pill any other time, you need to wait seven days (which you did) for the pill to take effect. This adds a little leeway in case your body is down the road to ovulation to the point where the pill will not be effective for this cycle.

Spotting is normal, especially for the first month or two of being on the pill. Your doctor should have mentioned this. Your first period can be a little off too. That can take up to three months to regulate.

i started kariva the sunday after i got my period...and it says to use a back up method of birth control for the first 7 days....on about the 14th or 15th day me and my boyfriend had unportected sex and he ejaculated in me. Since it said it started working after 7 days am i ok?

aaand if you didn't use protection the first seven days?

i need to know also!

i am scared i had started my period again for the first time in 6 months and when i final got it it was cut off by my birth controll pills a week later i had unproted sex and i am spotting can i be pregnant? ?

yeah i started taking junel i think thats the name. and had unpertected sex 6 days after? and im nervous. whats gonna happen?

I'm wondering the same thing...I had unprotected sex this morning, 6 days after I started taking birth control...

Most birth controls take up to 7 days to be effective unless you take it the day after your period, then it will work immediatly

so when should i take the birth control pill to be immediatly safe from getting pregnant? the day i BEGIN my period or the day I end it? Or the following day to the day I got it?

the day you begin it!

So if I use the nuva ring every month and take it out every three weeks for a week for my period and put a new one in on the seventh day do I need to wait 7 days every month I start a new ring???