I have read that exercising PC muscles triggers testosterone-DHT conversion. From what I understand, the pc muscle is the muscle that you flex when you want to stip urinating. If you tighten your stomach and pretend as though you are urinating, are you still exercising your pc muscle? Does that trigger testosterone-DHT conversion?

Also, I have read that ejaculation triggers testosterone-DHT conversion and should be limited to 2-3 times a week. Does actual sex/masturbation (or even just sexual arousal) trigger testosterone-DHT conversion?

I have started this topic on several forums, googled as much as I could, emailed sites like ******* and ******and still haven't acquired a simple answer.

Thank you

This is a new topic for me, so I am not surprised that you have not been recieving an answer that's clear. I doubt that people know what you're referring to. Can you explain a bit more about testosterone-DHT conversion?

As for excercising your PC muscles, I would not think that flexing your stomach abs would be the same thing.
Yes, we usually to describe the PC muscle group as those that you contract to stop the flow of urine. That would not make me think of the stomach, unless I misunderstand your reference.

We usually advise those who want to tone their PC muscle group to flex the muscle each time they come to a stop sign or to a traffic light on the way to work or school.

You might also try this while standing in line for the lunch counter, each time the line moves or each time the cash register rings, or something similar. Regular excercise can be transparent to those around you, but you also don't want to over-fatique the muscles.

Good luck.
Let us know what you find or learn on this, and then come share it with us, please.

DHT is the hormone that's responsible for male pattern baldness and prostate cancer (although it has many other roles, like powering erections). It's converted, from testosterone, by the enzyme 5 alpha reductase.

I'm still not sure as to the connection between sex and DHT but, from what I've gathered, masturbation and sex (or even just intense sexual fantasizing) burns testosterone into DHT which is trapped, 'locally', in penile tissues. PC exercises do this as well. I could be wrong, this might be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't think that the DHT that is trapped by DHT receptors in penile tissue affects the prostate or the scalp. However, when men and women orgasm, prolactin is released into their blood stream and prolactin triggers the production of the enzyme 5 alpha reductase. This may be why so many people are convinced that there is a connection between masturbation/sex and acne and hair loss (this is promptly dismissed by most Western doctors but I think the possibility of there really being a connection is difficult for most people to accept).

The ancient Taoists advocated non-ejaculatory sex to prevent premature aging, low energy, hair loss etc., they believed semen was as valuable to men as blood is.

Any update on this because I am very interested

Trying to reduce DHT is bad for your erections, but helps with acne and hair loss..?

By the way, I saw an article on where one study showed a protective effect of dht on benign prostate hypertrophy.

So what to do..? It isn't possible to have strong erections and be free of acne and hairloss..?

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Seeks_Knowledge wrote:

Kevin B said:

Good luck.

please send me information about this to my email.