saw a physicians assitant today he gave me a physical exam for pain in my right hip.  He said i have bursitus in my hip and gave me a cortisone shot with a local antistetic. About an hour after my shot I have been experiencing agonizing pain thru out my hips, down my thigh and into my knee! WAY worse than b4 injection! Talked to doc who gave me shot and he says it's not from the shot because i have pain in my other leg now too, but i'm pretty sure that pain is from me compensating with my left leg bc I can not use my right one properly.  He told me to take ibprofen which i've already probably overdosed myself on that today! What should I do? Go to the hospital or what? Pain is bad....

I wish someone could answer this having the same problem, pain all over after a cortizone shot in my knee . Pm

I also wish i could answer that question i had a shot n my knee for first time i was hurting a little and after the shot it was so bad i couldn't stop crying my knee swollen up my entire leg went dead n i couldn't roll over in bed i call doctor on call for him to tell me that he don't do injection in knee but had one before and it didn't bother him i go to pain management an he tell me i just can take pain and going to er was waste of time also going told you can't tell if it is infected for three days i took pain med use ice and med next day talk to

What was the outcome, my daughter had the cortisone injection for her hip pain 2 weeks ago and is still in agony and in hospital on morphine and they are don't know why she is in pain??

i had the same problem I was in so much pain on that day it was horrible. still had some pain a few days later. but now for the past month 1/2 im in so much pain it hurts to sit, stand, laydown, walk. the whole leg hurts so bad and I can hardly get my hip to let my bend. Im having a horrible time getting in my car and also trying to drive. just the small movement of gas pedal to brake is so painful...