I received a cortisone shot on July 25,2007 because I was having pain from a herniated disc. I went home right after the shot and went to bed. It was painful. The next day I could not walk. My doctor said the injection hit my nerve. The left buttocks that I received the injection in was three times the size of my right. I had to go to therapy for 9 months. It was very painful. I was told it would take a year for this to heal. This is April 1, 2009, I am still having pains. I have problems getting up after I sit down. What can I do?

I too had a cortisone shot in my back, when the doc was doing it, he hit the nerve. The pain was terrible, down my leg in the buttock and back. When he did this he said that is exactly where he wants it. It was so painful, all I could do was groan. I had trouble walking and had to take pain medicine for 3 days and stay in bed. Its been 6 weeks and my leg, hip and leg hurts so bad that I can hardly move. How long will this pain last and what should I do.

wow, how can I converse with people who have had this problem

Having the same issue now and don't know what to do? Told my normal back surgeon and he called the other doctor in. Stated that we will not document anything he says but tell him what happened last visit during the SI injection... Lost! Someone help!

I to had shots in my si joints. As soon as doctor started he hit nerve in my right joint my leg flew up off table now couple yrs and I'm in so much pain in buttocks down my leg sometimes goes up right side of my back an neck. GOING CRAZY!!!!

I have had these flare-ups for years. It got so bad at one time that I could take it anymore. I had a herniated disk sitting on my nerve. Chiropractor can relieve this pain to some degree. Physical therapy has helped others where the spine is elongated. Stretching g helps twice a day. You can stretch in hot water. Ice helps some. Drink water. If all else fails I had a minor back surgery to clean disk off the nerve . I am so much better now.

Hello! I also have horrible pain that started after an SI joint injection. How are you doing now?

Hello!

I have terrible buttock pain after getting an si joint injection. How are you doing now?

I had the same injections in the periformis area. The Dr hit a nerve that made my leg go into spasms that I could not control. Now I can hardly walk I am in such pain and I'm using a cane. I walk bent over with my left hip throbbing and the pain down the back of my leg and into my foot is excruciating. I sometimes think I cannot bear the pain. Does it ever go away? Is there any quick help for this. Please help if u have had this happen.

June 13, 2017 I had injections in the periformis muscle and buttocks. The Dr hit a nerve and my leg shook uncontrollably. I cannot walk without a cain. Waiting to see the Dr. pain is so bad down my leg into my foot.

I had an injection in my lower back, because I have back issues! I had this injection last month and the pain is so, severe it hurts to stay on it or walk! I'm in worse shape now than I was ... before I had the injection! What does one do?

i received a cortisone injection ion my left knee and have been in soooooooo much pain since July! I am walking with a cane and have a hard time walking without pain, what happened

I'm having same problem along with numbness in the left leg and foot. I had a cortisone injection from spinal doctor then an epidural injection from pain management doctor. I think the spinal doctor hit a nerve when I got the cortisone injection. The pain medicine doesn't help and I'm have a hard time sleeping through out the night.

You would definitely KNOW if he/she hit the nerve. You would have had seizure like symptoms, and absolutely unbearable pain at the moment it happened. The closer they get to the enflamed nerve (which is the objective) the more it hurts. The idea is to get the medication as close as possible (without hitting the nerve) to treat the inflamed area surrounding the nerve.

Is this a case of malpractice when they hur nerve and you're leftin pain and a numb leg and now have a Walker?