After blood tests that were carried out, I am now aware that I suffer from a vitamin b12 deficiency. The deficiency is so bad that the doctor now said that vitamin b12 injections would be the best way of overcoming the deficiency. I don't mind either way, but I want to know what the side effects of vitamin b12 injections are?

Side effects which include: headache, diarrhea, joint pain, a feeling of swollenness all over the body.Though Vitamin B12 shot has been found to be a safe and effective way to reduce stress, medical prescription is necessary to take the shots. You should consult your doctor before taking Vitamin B12 shots.

Although vitamin B12 has very low toxicity it is not too dangerous even in high doses. However as every supplement vitamin B12 also has some side effects. I know that some of the problems that vitamin B12 injection can cause with genetic eye disease. It can cause some serious complications with your optic nerve that can even lead to blindness. Pregnant women might also have adverse reactions from vitamin B12 injections, but in most cases it is safe if the dose is not too high. Vitamin B12 injections can also interact negatively if you have abnormal red blood cells so it is highly advises to first consult your doctor and then decide what is the best treatment option.