Hi, folks. My laboratory results showed some increased cholesterol. Diet does not show some effects, so my doctor would like to introduce statins into my treatment. I would like to find out something more about them. What kind of side effects can they show in women? I will appreciate your replies.

Hi, there. Statins are used for lowering the amount of fat and cholesterol in blood. However, while reading some material on the internet, I have encountered some controversy. Some clinical studies have shown increased number of heart attacks in women who took Lipitor than in those who were given placebo. Nevertheless, the main targets for statins market are women. Some other side effects have also been described. Muscle pain is another. You should talk more to the experts about this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!