Hello, my friend. Atypical antipsychotics are used for treating schizophrenia and similar psychoses. They are considered to have fewer side effects than the typical ones. I am especially talking about tardive dyskinesia. This is a movement disorder that is characteristic for patients who are on this kind of treatment for longer period of time. Some experts say that these drugs increase the risk for cardiovascular disease. Sexual side effects are also possible. Men have less desire and impaired ejaculation. Women have disturbed menstrual cycles. You should talk to an expert for more details. I hope I have helped a little.

Hi, folks. My brother had some severe psychotic episode and he is hospitalized. Doctor recommends Eglonyl. As far as I understand, this is an atypical antipsychotic. Can you tell me something more about this group of medications? What are the side effects? I will really appreciate all your help considering this topic.