I was on the pill for two years and the only side effects I have ever experienced were at the beginning. I had menstruation like symptoms for a while. You know, tender breasts, cramps, feeling bloated, having some spots on your face and of course feeling a bit irritated. At the beginning, my sex drive was also down a lot but it returned to normal after a while and I never had any problems again.

I am 35 years old and have made it without birth control so far! I think the pill is not very good for your body, and I feel lucky to have never taken it. But now that we have two kids and do not want any more, the birth control pill does seem the logical next step. I mean, I could get my tubes tied or my husband could have a vasectomy, but we are not sure enough to take permanent measures yet. The pill might be a necessary evil at this point. What can you tell me about the side effects of the birth control pill?