Users comments and reviews on article Tubal ligation side effects by SirGan

I seriously regret having this surgery done. I had it done at age 20 after having two children. I was divorced shortly after having the tubal ligation done. I have had experienced over the years lower abdominal pains abnormal iregular periods and some discomfort during intercourse. I never had any problems since I had the sugery done my doctor had said its all in my head so I just let it go but I am now considering having the reversal done as I am in a relationship were we do want to have another child. The cost is so much and I urge anyone who is at a young age to really consider having this done I really wish there was an age limit or my doctor advised me to think and wait till I was older. Now what scares me is the pain and discomfort I have had would of caused any damage and is the reversal going to work. I really do want to have another child !!!!

i wish you luck because i feel the same way my husband only has 1 son but i have 4 chidren but there all at a good age 12 8 14 15

i dont want any one to take this the wrong way but i am 20 years old and have 3 kids i and in the prosess of getting mine tied. i think if you make the choise to have to procedure done then you should get it done but years down the road you decide you made the wrong choice oo well shame on you, you should have thought about it more or thought about a different kind of birth control . there is a birth control out there that lasts 12 years called paragaurd i cant get it because my utures is too small but people should be smart think about all the options and make the right choice before jumping right into to a mojor chioce like that.

i really want it done right after my expected delivery on feb 2010

I am 30 years old and had my surgery done at the age of 21 after having two children. Now 9yrs later I am remarried and regret that it. My husband and I want to have a child together. I have also had abnormal bleeding and pain during intercourse as well as lower abdomen pain. I advise anyone looking to get the surgery to be very educated and put a lot of thought into your decision.

I just had my tubal done 6 days ago...I desperately needed the procedure done due to the fact that I had way too many complications during childbirth and even weeks after. After much thought, I finally had it done...All I can say is expect to be really sore for at least a few days and if you work, arrange to take a few days off and arrange for childcare or at the minimum some extra help caring for your children at home because lifting your babies will be out of the question (way too painful)...but in my opinion...I have no regrets, it was worth it!

I had my tubal done 6 days ago..So I really can't speak as far as long term side effects...but this is some advice I can give as far as right after surgery...Expect to be pretty sore for a few days...like 4 or 5 days...If you work arrange to take off a few days, and arrange for childcare or at least an extra person to help care for your children around your home, because lifting your babies will be out of the question (way too painful!)...Other than that I didn't really have any other complications...just some shoulder pain and nausea from the anesthesia...Do I regret it? ...Not one bit! I had way too many complications during and after childbirth to have another baby or to ever want it reversed and this was the best option for me...But my advice is to give it some thought and make sure it's the best option for you

i dont regret one bit i had it done one year ago and had not one single problem at all other than soreness. and iam enjoying my sexlife alot more than ever.

I HAD MY SURGERY AT THE AGE OF 24 AND I AM 43 NOW.I HAVE 2 SONS AGES 20 & 21. I DO NOT REGRET HAVING THE SURGERY.

they should be more truthful or maybe have a more reliable research on the side effects because they make it sound as if it is a very minor operation and you could go back to regular activities after 2 days...thats a lie!!!

the procedure is very painful and recovery isnt really that fast...

lower abnominal pain for ten days...and yes discomfort during sex and irregular periods to name a few of its discomforts...

i regret having it done because of all the pain and irregular periods...

I have no regrets about the operation. I had it done after my third c-section. Though I experience light abdominal pain and a heavy mentral cycle it was all worth it. I have three children who need my attention I don't need to worry about bringing anymore children into the world. I am extremely fertile and this was my last option.

I had a tubal done the day after my 3rd child was born. I thought this was ideal being that I would be recovering from childbirth and the tubal at the same time.(Kinda like "kill two birds with one stone"). Now 3 years later I can't say anything negative about the after effects of it. I have regular periods each month and everything seems normal. I was absolutely positive that at the age of 27 and 3 kids later this was the right choice for my family. I do not regret my decision at all.

I have also had it done when I was 24. I had major pain and cramps! It was so bad I made an apt to see my dr who told me to speak with my surgon. When I woke up from my tubal surgery I was in the most pain in my life and I had 2 kids so that's says a lot! I told my surgon I wanted it reversed cuz the pain was so bad some days! They did reverse it and when they did they found I had endromitoises! So that could be part of the problem! I suggest no one does this surgery lots of regets I hear and lots of problems! But I'm happy 4 thoses who do not regret it wish I could say the same! I don't wish to have more kids but the pain I went through waswhat makes me regret it! Still have pangs of pain some days!

Has anyone who has had a tubal ligation experienced severe migraines after the procedure that they didn't have before it? It has been almost 4 years since my tubal. I never had migraines like this prior to having the surgery. Now I have at least 12 migraines a month.