This post is an extension of the
Any side effects from using YAZ? thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

I've been on YAZ for about 5 months, my doctor originally switched me because she believes I have PMDD and I've always been prone to migraines. I was originally on Alesse (Avian). With Yaz I am suffering from more frequent, nauseating migraines as well as blurred vision, dizziness, anxiety, sometimes my fingers/joints feel numb, extremely short periods (not near enough for the average woman), weight gain, and a major increase in acne breakouts. I naturally have low blood pressure, a high metabolism, and usually weight around 100. I have been on some form of birth control for over 6 years and have never had side effects such as these. I plan on switching as soon as I can. I kind of suspected it was the switch in medicine but it wasn't until a friend relayed to me a personal experience that I really realized how dangerous this is. I would not suggest this pill for anyone who already has low blood pressure, its very unsafe. I plan to get help ASAP.

My daughter has been on Yaz for years to treat endometriosis. She has always had headaches, but after a year and a half, she started getting migraines. Starting last sunday, she has had a migraine, and today is Thursday. She has missed work, and is seriously considering going to the ER. Why would the migraines start 18 months after she started Yaz? I think it is the Yaz, but she isn't so sure. What does anyone out there think?

I'm 31 years old. "Was" Healthy and athletic. No real side effects from other birth controls in the past aside from nausea.

I had been on Yaz for 6 months with no problems aside from heartburn. That heartburn suddenly turned into chest pains and heaviness. My doctor gave me an EKG and it came out abnormal and I was sent to the ER to have a CT Scan. No blood clots - just lots of pain from the Yaz destroying my digestive system. Next week I go in for more tests just to make sure my heart is okay.

I wish I never went on this pill. I'm dumbfounded at how this drug can be on the market. Please be careful on it, or reconsider taken a different pill.

i have been on yaz for about 3 weeks, at first i thought it just a while for your body to get used to it. My side effects are getting worse, I have had very rapid heartbeat, depression, and i just feel with taking high blood pressure medicine already this is not a good thing.

I was on Yaz for two months and it was originally prescribed to help with my mild acne (and obviously as birth control). I was training for half marathon yet still somehow managed to gain weight over the two months (eating, drinking habits changed very little and my body weight is always within 3 lbs). I also had some sever mood swings which had never happened before- I knew in my head there was no reason to feel the way i was feeling, but felt like I wasn't in control of how I was reacting to situations. I have been on some form of the pill for 12 years and have never had any kind of reaction like this before- I would never recomment this for anyone to take!

I have been on Yaz for about 7 months now. At first i was fine but lately my health has been getting worse. The last few months i have been feeling sick, getting headaches, being really dizzy and blured vision, depressed, and moody. Also i am on the "sugar" pill part of the package and today i have had super bad cramps to the point i was laying on the floor crying and being carryed to bed by my boyfriend because i could move, i also break out in cold sweats, my whole body hurts and yet i have no bleeding. I suggest anyone who is on the pill to stop taking it and others who are thinking about going on it never to! this pill has made my life hell!

I am so glad I found this board! I was on Yaz for 2 months and things were going fairly well. Some spotting here and there but I wasn't too bothered with it because my Dr. told me that I might spot for the first few months. About 2 weeks ago I started feeling extremely tired. I was so exhausted that it took everything I had to make it from the couch to the bedroom. This was very disturbing to me because I'm an avid gym goer and I usually have tons of energy. I started my 3rd pack of pills last Thursday and by Sunday I was and emotional wreck! I began to experience sudden, deep depression and by Wednesday I nearly had a panic attack at work. I also went from being deeply in love with my boyfriend to not being able to stand the sight of him in the span of a week. I have been on medication for depression and anxiety since I was 16 and I have been very successful in the past 5 years in improving my mental health. As a matter of fact, I have been very happy for the past 2 years so I knew something was wrong when this storm of emotions suddenly hit me. I called my Dr. and described my symptoms and she told me to stop taking Yaz immediately. I've been off of Yaz for 2 days now and I already feel better. This is the first day in weeks where I don't feel as if I'm going to collapse from exhaustion. If I had not had a past history of depression and anxiety I'm not sure I would have recognized that my sudden symptoms could be related to the Yaz. I'm so used to tracking my moods and anxiety that I knew something was amiss. If you are experiencing depression, anxiety, fatigue etc. while on Yaz please, please, please call your doctor immediately and ask to be taken off of this drug. You DO NOT have to live with drug induced depression just because your doctor keeps telling you to give the drug time. There are other BCs out there that you can try. I am reporting my side effects to the FDA. We need to get the word out about the dangers of this drug.

WOW... I just saw an add on tv this morning of a lawsuit against the makers of yaz and it freaked me out. I have been on yaz for about a year and a half and have many of the same stories already listed. I am 18 years old now and was diagnosed with anxiety and depression when I was about 12. I haven't been on any meds to help regulate my mood in about 2 and a half years and was doing perfectly fine, when I started Yaz I felt depressed again and went on psych meds again only to stop them because I really don't agree with pills and I was fine before. I started to take yaz because I was in a serious relationship and had moderate acne on my chest and back that was getting very annoying. Since then I have had a rapid heart beat and in going up the strairs in my house am out of breath (there are about 13 stairs), there is no reason fo this I was on my highs school swim team at the time I strated and it just made no sence that I had to sit down for 10 minutes after going up stairs.... I have a slender build about 115 lbs and an 5'5". All of my blood work comes in perfect, but I am always tired and out of breath.... I just talked to my mom and boyfriend about this this morning... I just bought a new pack yesterday, it will not be opened.

Some other symptoms I have had are; major break through bleeding for almost 2 months when I first started and sudden cramping pains in my arms and legs...

I was on Yaz for 6 months before I realized I was experiencing a lot of the same side effects listed here. I slowly became extremely emotional, depressed, a lot of anxiety, moody, angry, lack of motivation, exhaustion, feeling like I had no control, loss of appetite, even digestive issues. I am normally a happy, easy going and understanding person. I've never had issues with my moods, I don't even usually get PMS. This pill caused my personality to do a 180 and it has taken 3 months for the pill to finally get out of my system. It caused my boyfriend and I to break up. That is hard to take, we broke up because he ended up dating someone that was the complete opposite of me, how do you explain that to someone? This pill should be taken off the market, the amount your body has to handle in order to get the minor benefits is just too much.

I was on Yaz for over 6 years- never coorelated it with any side effects although I developed an odd heart arrhythmia- had echocardiogram done and specialist just thought it was something hereditary. I'd always suspected this medication tho. After getting married and trying to get pregnant, of course I stopped Yaz and was prego within 3 mo. First 2 trimesters went really well, no complications: At beginning of 3rd trimester, my leg swelled up, was very painful. I had an emergency ambulance transfer from one hospital to a 2nd more equipped hospital and had to stay there 5 days. It was pretty horrible- I ended up having a deep vein thrombosis in a major vessel. The doctors had me worried I was going to lose the baby. I didn't tho but ended up giving myself blood thinner injections in my ever so slowly growing belly for the last 3 months of my pregnancy: it sucked because I would have horrid bloody mouth spells and would have to leave work early since no one wants to see me dripping blood from my gums. Afer I had my baby I had to switch to a different blood thinner. Just now they are starting to do the work up to find out why I got such a large clot (it went from my knee up to my abdomen)....SO! now I've been hearing about dvt's are now a side effect (which I did not know nor did my doctor warn me of them...) I can't ever go on birth control hormones again because of the clot...I guess I'm glad I'm alive though after I've read about some of the more unfortunate cases out there....hope no one else has to go through what I did.

I have been hearing a lot about this heart arrhythmia and yaz so I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been tested much to the point where it's affecting your health! Have any of you considered a lawsuit?

I was on YAZ for 2 weeks. The day after I started taking the pill I had really bad shoulder pain. I thought I pulled a muscle or something so I was taking an anti-inflammatory, icing it, and going to the chiropractor every other day. The pain was not getting any better. Then about a week and a half into taking YAZ, I had two violent mood swings in one day. Uncontrollable laughter and crying. I started looking up side effects and saw that mood swings and shoulder pain were considered to be severe side effects. I immediately stopped taking the pill. Within two days the shoulder pain subsided, however my emotional instability has lasted a week after getting off the pill. For someone only being on the pill for 2 weeks, it took complete control over my body. I absolutely would not recommend this pill to anyone!

I had been taking Yaz for about 3 years until just 2 months ago. I have visited my doctor several times in the past year, mainly due to migraines. I am 33 years old and had never experienced headaches in my life, so I was a bit worried when I started having them day after day after day. At my last visit she finally suggested that I stop taking the Yaz. I have to say that my headaches have completely disappeared. I was also experiencing tingling in my hands and fingers at times, and tightness and burning in my chest as well, which my doctor said was anxiety. The tingling and burning have also disappeared since stopping the Yaz.

The good news about the Yaz, was that my skin was perfectly blemish free, and I would like to think that my mood swings were a little less etreme just before my period. Also, my periods were very light and lasted for only 3 days, occasionally 4.

It was not until today, that I read all of these horrible things about Yaz. I am relieved that I stopped taking it, however, now I am worried that I didn't take my symptoms more seriously at the time. :-( I really hope they recall this drug soon!!!

My daughter Genna has been sick for over two months.She is exhausted all the time,her legs hurt and she has had the worst migraines(she vomits and then cries)ever! The doctor did every blood test he could think of on her(anemia,lyme disease,mono) and nothing! He even did x-rays of her head,back and legs,again...nothing.The only thing I could think of that might be causing this...was the YAZ! She started taking it 3 months ago,after her gynocologist switched her from ortho tri-cyclin(she has long painful periods)to Yaz,in hopes of relieving the cramps.Well..yes..it helped with the pain...but she got pain EVERYWHERE ELSE!!!! I have been sitting here reading every website on side effects from Yaz,and I just called her doctor,and he said for her to stop taking it immediatly.i will be on the phone with her gynocologist tommorrow also...i hope I keep my cool...I'm really REALLY MAD!!!! Genna is a very energetic,happy girl(she's 17) who gets straight "A's" in school,now she sleeps,cries and is failing school because she can't get out of bed to make it to school,or she gets sick in school!!! I want to thank every woman who was honest and took the time to share their stories on here...I think you just saved my daughter!!!!