I have been taking 300mg of Effexor XR daily for approximately a year. I have been diagnosed with major depression and anxiety. I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and sleep-apnea. I never feel very well, either emotionally or mentally. I am exhausted all of the time, and I find it almost impossible to get through my workday (12 hour shifts - 2 days on-two days off at a chemical plant). My head always feels funny - a lot of pressure, tingling, pounding with my pulse, headaches, and a general disoriented feeling that doesn't go away. Due to financial problems, I found myself unable to pay for my meds about a month ago. I had to quit the Effexor XR cold-turkey. The withdrawal symptoms were very bad: nausea, confusion, disoriented, chest pain, headaches, pressure in my head and neck, pounding and ringing in my ears, dizziness, and an inability to visually focus when I turned my head, or looked in different directions. I also had a hard time concentrating. Then I had a few days where I felt better; but for the past 4 days all of these symptoms have come back even worse than before. I plan on calling my doctor tomorrow, but I am wondering if I should go to the emergency room tonight (Sunday). I know I can't go to work tomorrow.

I had my perscription stolen while staying at a hotel. I have now been without my meds for one full week. My question is does that mean that my body is free of Effexor now. I feel OK, a little emotional, and slightly unstable but nothing I can't handle. Should I just let it go and stop taking the medication or should I try to get my perscription replaced.

Let it GO and just STOP taking!!

Stop taking this poison! I am going thru withdrawls right now! It is not worth screwing up your whole brain from this c**p!