Hi. I am taking bc pills (Estrostep), but I have experienced certain minor side effects. Anyway, I would like to switch to some other bc pills. A friend of mine told me switching bc pills can lead to infection. What do you think about switching bc pills?

Hi. Yeah, I have tried 4 different bc pills and every time I switch the pills I got infection. First time I had a yeast infection, now I have UTI. I was prescribed with Mircette first. I have experienced the bad side of the drug. Thanks to Mircette I am now overweight. Then I switched to Estrostep. Now I take Kariva. I take it regularly and so far I have no problems. BC pills can increase the risk of breast and cervical cancer, stroke, heart attack, weight gain and yeast infection.

I just switched from Ovranette to Ovysmen last cycle and I haven't had an infection. Just two days of very mild nausea and thats it.

I suppose different women react to the pills in different severities. When I first went on Ovranette I only had a week of mild side effects and that was it, and I didnt have any discomfort or infection when I changed pills at all,

however the poster above me says she had a very strong reaction to her pills, and did have an infection whilst switching pills,

it might vary from woman to woman depending on how she reacts to the pills, so consider how you reacted to your birth control when you first started taking it to get some kind of idea of if you are likely to have a strong reaction to changing pills or not? It might be a start.

anyhoo good luck with whatever you do.