Hello, my name is Sarah and I'm 19 years old. About 2 weeks ago, I switched my birth control from Loestrin 24 to Microgestin. It didn't even occur to me that switching pills could call for the same precautions as starting the pill in the beginning, so I used no backup birth control. I have been pregnant in the past, and about 3 days ago I started feeling some of the same symptoms. My breasts have been sensitive and tingly, my usual energy level has dropped to zero, and I've been extremely bloated. I've been doing some research online about the probability of getting pregnant while switching pills and getting very mixed results. Can anyone give me another opinion? Thanks!

Hi Sarah! If you look up Microgestin you will notice that what you are experiencing is a common side effect from this pill! You have to remember something, both BCP don't allow ovulation! And there HAS to be ovulation to become pregnant! So since there wasn't a break, you just started the next one, then there shouldn't be any reason why you would be pregnant! I will tell you what I tell others, have your partner wear a condom and have him ejaculate outside your body into the condom! This way there will be NO chance of pregnancy! Hope this helps! Good luck and health!

Thank you for your reply! I have considered that, and perhaps I should have elaborated that part of the reason I'm concerned is that I've been on Microgestin a few times before with no symptoms, and in fact I've never noticed any symptoms from any of the pills I've been on. Is it possible that this time is just different?

Definitely! It is highly improbable that the switch caused you to ovulate SO quickly I mean REALLY quickly!

It's been a while since I made this post, and my symptoms have definitely worsened. I'm still concerned and will be taking a pregnancy test in a few days and posting my results. In the meantime I've been doing more reading online and talking to my gynecologist, and because of Loestrin 24's number of inactive pills, there is an increased likelihood of pregnancy from switching pills. We will see what happens in a few days, I am definitely preparing myself for either outcome!

Well....were you pregnant?

hey did you know you could skip your periods forever and it is perfectly healthy?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

I thought it was strange when my dr told me to skip the sugar pills in every packet so I had to search online myself and it's true!

Ya, I'm curious too! OP, if you get this, please reply as I'm experiencing the exact same situation as you and am very nervous. Thanks!

I had been on tri sprintec for a while, I then switched to tri ortho-cyclen without ever missing a pill! I just switched over when my other tri sprintec pack was done. It is now a week past my last period and I am spotting! Why is this??

So, were your symptoms just a side effects of birth control pills or pregnancy. I kind of experience similar S/e.

I switched from Tri Spintec to Microgestin 1/20 three months ago and just got 2 positive pregnancy test!

Is this post still active?