I have only been married for 8 months, and have had a yeast infection for FOUR of those months! I started taking Yaz right around the time the yeast infection started, but my doctor says that he doesn't think that the bcp is the reason for the infection. He also said that if I stop taking it, my hormones will change and that could make the infection worse. I have treated this thing 7 times, and I don't know what else to do. No sex for half my marriage...this can't be normal. I am currently using boric acid suppositories, my 8th treatment.
Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear about your chronic yeast infections. For me, boric acid has always worked in the past, however when I switched from Ovcon 35 to Yaz, the yeast infection did not go away even with boric acid. I am switching back to Ovcon b/c I blame Yaz. Good luck.

I too started taking YAZ and got a bad infection. I actualy believe I have a bladder infection now and I have done all I could adn it just doesn't seem to stay away for more thana day or two. I am miserable and so sick pf the pain and discomfort. I really don't want to have to quit bc nor can I afford it. If you find any solution to getting rid of this infection tell me.

I've been studying the natural cure for yeast infection for a long time now, having cured my own and it's just unbelivable how little doctors know about how this disease works in your body and how to cure it... They prescribe antibiotics to treat it that destroy your friendly making your body a "friendlÿ" place for the yeast to grow. And not only that... candida albicans has the ability of becoming resistant to antibiotics, so people with recurrant yeast infections cannot cure it anymore with medication. The bcp is one of the biggest causes of yeast infections, everybody knows that... I can't believe your doctor said he doesn't think it's the cause! Where did he go to school? In mars?

To cure an yest infection you must eliminate sugar of your diet and also processed and fermented foods and then include powerful foods to boost your immune system. Also some foods like garlic have antifungal properties. Since I started this diet, I've never had an yeast infection anymore and it's been 2 years!

I also started having yeast infections when I started taking Yaz. My at home remedy for yeast infection is freezing some PLAIN yogurt and then putting it up there for the night every night for three nights. Seems to do the trick.

I, too, have gotten a mild yeast infection (didn't even know it myself; doctor happened to be examining me and noticed). I just began YAZ (formerly took Yasmin- no problems there).

I started YAZ 8 months ago and within weeks had UTI, bacterial infection and yeast infection. I treated them with prescription medicine and got off of YAZ and I've been OK every since. I started taking YAZ again last month and now I have all those infections again in addition to my skin breaking out with acne. I beleive YAZ was the cause of all these infections, but doctors do not admit to it. Now I'm switching to Lutera and hope the symptoms go away.

I am so relieved to find that other people are having issues with yaz. I like the pill and it doesn't give me mood swings, but i swear i have a uti that WILL NOT go away! At one point i went to the drs and found out i had a bacterial infection that could have been mistaken for the uti. I was treated and stopped yaz, but as soon as i started the yaz again....the symptoms came back (feeling like i have to urinate and bloat that feels like its in my uterus). Any suggestions on bcp? I can't handle orthro tricyclin...but im up for any others.

I'm relieved too to find these posts. I just started yaz & got a terrible yeast infection weeks after I started taking it. I've had it for over 2 weeks & can't get rid of it. Never had it before. Going back to my old birth control.

I have been struggling with yeast infections and vaginosis for the past year since I started on it. I have had several dr appointments and medications and it kept coming back. I stopped taking YAZ 2 weeks ago and have not had a single itch since.

I started Yaz 8/07. I'm 39 and I've NEVER had a yeast infection until 9/07. From that point on I had a yeast infection nearly every 3 weeks for several months. I was visiting the doctors every couple of weeks. Doctors continued to discount the correlation b/t Yaz and my yeast infections. They suggested everything else, but Yaz.
I have been w/my fiance for several years, neither of us have strayed. There were NO other possibilities. I was taking pills to stave off yeast infections daily, still no help.
I demanded to be switched. My sister-in-law uses a low dose BC as I need, and recommended Apri, which she was on, and didn't even notice.
I immediately switched in February.
I have had NO infections since. EUREKA!
Get off that pill! Not only that, my skin is clear, my moods are fine and breast tenderness is non-existent.
The best thing of all, it's in generic form, thus only $10 for most. Ever slightly different from the costly Yaz. Never again! :D

I found this page when I googled YAZ + yeast infections...because I'm trying to make the connection. I've only been taking the pill for a week...which to me doesn't seem like long enough...but I have had the worst yeast infection of my life. I'm not usually one to get yeast infections either, but this has been one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever experienced. After reading this & seeing so many others with the same complaint I'm really starting to believe this might be the cause. I must say I'm relieved, because if I've tried so many things to relieve the symptoms but if this is the culprit then hopefully I'll be able to switch to a different birth control & it will stop.

I've been on birth control for about 3 years to regulate my cycle (first i had unusually long periods, then stopped taking the pill to see if I would re-regulate myself & didn't have one for 4 months). I found Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo made me gain weight that I could not lose (about 10 pounds, which might not be much but enough w/my small frame that it made me less comfortable), went off & lost it immediately. I tried YAZ because it promised no weight gain & promised to relieve acne (which I have moderate amounts of when not on a pill). But I can't take painful infections just for that. I think I'm switching to the ring.

I've been on YAZ for 2 years. I finally figured out that one or two acidophilus tablets a day seem to keep the yeast infection at bay. It's not completely gone, but it's livable. I've never found another pill that suited me as well, so I'm willing to endure the low-level yeast infection. I will be trying the frozen plain yogurt as well.

I found this site while searching for yaz and yeast infections. I had the same symptoms as everyone else and have been treated for a UTI, yeast infection and a bacterial infection all on separate occasions. I went back to my dr. yesterday and he said that all my test came back negative. Yaz causes over stimulation of the glands down there which causes the yeast/uti/frequent urination symptoms. There is some medical name but i can't remember it. So he switched me back to yasmin, which i never had any problems with in the first place and my skin was clearer. I recommend switching to something else and see if that helps.

I totally understand what you guys mean! I had a yeast infection and easily got rid of it with an antibiotic and cream. Then a month later I started taking YAZ and it came right back. I've been using the cream my OB prescribed from before, but with no luck. I'm definitely making an appointment to go back and change from YAZ to some other BCP. Good luck with everything!