I was prescribed Zetia after my regular physical showed I have borderline high cholesterol and Zetia was supposed to bring it back down to normal range. However, that did not happen at all, in fact during the time I was on Zetia I had either the same cholesterol results or even an increase.

Now my physician wants to switch me to statin medication Zocor and to be honest I’m reluctant to start taking it mainly because all the experiences and warnings about statin side effects. Would an increased dose of Zetia be enough to prevent my physician from switching me to Zocor?

the most important part when it comes to lowering your cholesterol is that you adjust your diet so that includes as little bad fat and foods that come with it (usually fried or junk food, fat meat... etc. ) and try to become more physically active.

I'm sure your doctor first gave you Zetia because it's a non-statin cholesterol lowering medication, but it's considered to be generally less effective than statin medications such as Zocor, so it isn't that big of a surprise that it wasn't too effective. In fact, Zetia is commonly used together with Zocor to achieve the best results.