I was prescribed with medications for lowering cholesterol (Lipitor). I am planning pregnancy, so I am wondering if these meds are safe to use during pregnancy?

Abnormally high levels of cholesterol in the blood are called hypercholesterolaemia. This condition is associated with atherosclerosis, the progressive narrowing of the arteries. These conditions are usually treated with cholesterol-lowering medications. However, these medications can't be used during pregnancy. Future mothers with high cholesterol could increase the risk of developing potentially life threatening pre-eclampsia. Pre-eclampsia is a condition in which the future mother develops abnormally high blood pressure. If this condition is not controlled it can lead to eclampsia or seizures that can hurt both, the mother to be and the baby. Also, pre-eclampsia can lead to premature delivery. I don't know if your sister is in danger of premature delivery or any other condition because her doctor is the only one who knows the level of the cholesterol in her blood. If you are worried about that I advise you to talk to her and see if she is getting a treatment.

Hey there...

Over the last 10 years, pharmaceutical companies have created cholesterol lowering drugs called statins. (Like Lipitor, Zocor, Vytorin, Crestor and the like) I am constantly stunned by how dangerous these can be. These can be extremely harmful to an unborn child.

If you are concerned about cholesterol, you should check out Bios Life.

Bios Life is the ONLY safe, natural, clinically-proven alternative to statin medications. It is as effective or even more effective than drugs like Lipitor, Zocor, Vytorin, Crestor and the like.

Regards,
Michael

**this post is edited by moderator ** web addresses, private e-mails and telephone numbers not allowed **