I'm 18 and I have had a diagnostic laparscopy on jan.20th because I have had ovarian pain for a year and found that I have endometriosis as suspected, my docter told me i can still have children and that it isnt that bad. I have been using the ortho evra patch since sept. 08 and its the only form of horomonal birth control I have used. My docter/OBGYN has switched me to Loestrin 24 FE to reduce endometriosis. I got my period today, took my patch off last sunday, and am supposed to start this Loestrin tomorrow, but I have read so many horrible reveiws on several sites about loestrin 24 FE so I am terrified of useing it. The website for loestrin even says within the first 3 months you may have spotting non stop for weeks at a time. I am going on vacation next week with my fiance, Id like to not have all these problems I here everyones had with this pill, such as chronic yeast infections, weight gain, breast enlargment, severe depression, angry mood swings, crying at the drop of a hat, bad anxiety, and UTIs so I was thinking of useing my patch until my next period and then starting the pill but I wonder if the endometriosis can grow between now and 3 weeks from now? I don't know what to do, and I can't call my docter until tuesday, his offices are closed til then and If I dont start the pill tomorrow im risking geting pregnant for the next week or so, and same if I don't start the patch on sunday if thats what I decide to do. Has anyone on here used Loestrin 24 FE? and if so, was it for endo? and does anyone know how fast endometriosis can grow (will three weeks make a big difference)? advice?

Thank you!

Hi there!
I have been taking Loestrin 24 Fe for endometriosis for a year and 3 months. I had a laporatomy and after my surgery (at 19 years of age), I started taking Loestrin to reduce the endometriosis. I never had ANY symptom, nor did I gain weight. Loestrin has also been the only BC pill I have ever taken in my life.

Now, my periods are light and basically pain-free.

Good luck!

Due to the severity of my endo, I've been placed on bc pills to prevent additional endo growth. Originally I was prescribed Microgestin 1/20 which was fine. So, I changed dr.s and as of 2-months ago I'm on Loestrin FE 24 and there is totally a difference. I am experiencing spotting and the YI's. I had no idea that this was a side effect as I felt that a pill is a pill is a pill. Thanks for your question as I am getting off of this immediately and going back to my generic brand pill.