I'm 24 years old and I am sexually active. A couple years ago I was on Tri-Spintec which seemed to work really well for me. Besides some minor weight gain I didn't experience any side effects. I went off of it because I wasn't having sex and I just didn't see the point to be taking it. I had never been regular until I started taking birth control and even when I went off of it, my period stayed pretty regular, at least until 4 months ago.

Within the last 4 months, my periods have been very strange, I had 2 periods in one month, then the following month it seemed to normalize, then I had another month with 2 periods, and then another normal month. According to that schedule, this should be the crazy month with the extra period, but I thought birth control was supposed to help fix irregularity.

I started taking Loestrin 24 FE about 10 days ago, right after the end of my last period. Yesterday I noticed some spotting, which I figured was pretty normal, but today I feel like I'm on my period. The bleeding is pretty heavy, which is normal for me, and I'm also experiencing bloating and cramps.

Should I be worried about my crazy periods? I've heard of people having then every 3 weeks, but every 2 weeks? I feel like I'm on my period more than I am off it. I just went to my OB to get the prescription, but she was in and out so quickly I didn't get a chance to ask her much of anything. She didn't seem to find anything unusual when she was down there and as far as I know my pap results came back fine.

I also might be a little more stressed than usual. I was recently laid off, but I feel like I'm sort of always stressed out anyway so my body should be used to it by now.

Any advice would be helpful!

I'm experiencing two periods in one month as well. I've been on loestrin 24 fe for five months and everything has been rather normal other than some breakthrough bleeding a week before my period comes (it normally comes the last week of my pack). Right now I am bleeding and only on the second week of my pack. I called my doctor and they said to monitor it, nothing to be worried about. But I am thinking this is not breakthrough bleeding but actually a period, which is weird because I had my period 9 days ago! If it continues I am going to call my doctor again...
Any advice?