I have benn taking trazadone for 13 months, around 50 mg (occasionally dipping to 25 mg) 5 times a week as a cure for insomnia and sleep anxiety. A walk-in clinic doctor prescribed it, as I had just graduated from University, and was having trouble adjusting my sleep cycle to accomodate my new, extremely high-stress, job. It worked great when I took it, for the first time in my life, I didn't worry about going to sleep at all, and I was able to keep up with the demands of work

I've been off trazadone for 5 days now, completely by accident. I was laid-off from said job (best thing that ever happened to me), went back to my home town for 5 days to visit my parents and  forgot my pills. I'm starting to experience insomnia and sleep anxiety again, I'm not sure if this is due to withdrawal, or simply that I do not have the drug in my system anymore to address the pre-existing condition. I'm wondering whether or not I should start taking again, now that the demands of my old job are no longer there. Maybe its time  to take a more holistic approach  to my sleep problem? 

It's important to note that I did not use trazadone everyday. I would typically miss 1-2 days a week, and there were several occasions where I did not use it for 2-4 days consecutively, with only very slight increaes in irratibility and sleep loss. Besides the afforementioned sleep issues, I don't have a history of depression or mental health issues.

I would appreciate any advice regarding this situation, I have decided I would like to stop trazadone, but am not sure if I should continue cold turkey or just cut the dosage down for a while. Thanks in advance :)