I have found out that I have been in depression for the last 2 years following 2 back surgeries within a one year period. My symptoms, were extreme fatigue, could have slept all the time, lack of motivation, and finally becoming very reclusive. I had been on Lexapro 20 mg, prior to and continuing during this time. When I became suicidal I was switched to Pristiq, which I tried for a month, the longer I took it the less I slept, finally symptoms of anxiety became overwhelming my doctor switched me back to Lexapro at 30 mg, which was working very well, except that my normal sleep pattern did not return after being off Pristiq for over a month. In that time period I slept 3 nights the rest of the time I would go to sleep between 3 am and 5:30 am getting up between 7 and 9 am. My doctor just started me on trazadone to help the sleep problem. I am concerned because I woke up like a zombie, felt close to tears several times, I have gained at least 13 pounds already over the last month. I want to sleep, but I do not want to be dopey most of the day and I certainly do want to slide back into what I normally think of depression, weepy and sad. I am discouraged, please advise if the trazadone mixes with Lexapro. I was told to take 50 mg about an hour before I wanted to go to sleep, if I wasn't asleep in an hour to take an additional 50 mg, I slept well, but what a price. This was advised by a psychiatrist I trust.

I think that the trazadone shoul dmix well with the Lexapro but it sounds like it is having a disruptive effect on your sleep. Have you talked to a pharmacist about it? I think that it might be worth your while to do so. Let me know what you think!