I've recently began to suffer from anxiety and insomnia and was prescribed 50mg Trazodone from my doctor.
I've been using it for about four nights now and take one pill about an hour before going to bed and end up falling asleep pretty okay.
The thing that is bothering me is that I wake up each morning after only 5-6 hours of sleep, feeling anxious.
For example, I got to bed at 2am and wake up at 8am and can't go back to sleep even though I still feel really tired. Each morning has been like this.
When trying to fall back asleep, I feel tense, anxious and my heart starts racing.
The anxiety usually fades through out the morning but I'm still bothered about not getting a full 8-9 hours of sleep, even when taking Trazodone.
If anyone is going through the same thing or has advice then please help.

Another quick question.
Last night I took two pills (100mg) instead of one like I have the three previous nights and I seemed to have more trouble falling asleep. Any ideas to this?

I was doing the same thing on trazadone, I went back to dr. and she changed me to ambien 10mg....I cant sleep without it now ;( I stay up for days when I dont have it...makes me delerious...