I am 18 and I was thinking about going on the pill. My friend is using Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for the past 5 months so I would like if someone could tell me more about this birth control pill. Are there some conditions that are contraindication to this pill?

Before taking birth control pills you need to go to your doctor to be examined. He will determine what the best pill is for you. Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo is a birth control pill. Its generic name is ethinyl estradiol and nor estimate. You need to tell your doctor if you have some conditions like heart disease, angina, high blood pressure, asthma, migraines, seizures or epilepsy. If you have some of these conditions you may not be able to take birth control pills, or may require a dosage adjustment. Taking birth control pills during pregnancy is prohibited, even if you think you are pregnant, do not use them. Take birth control pills exactly as directed by your doctor, at the same time every day, no more than 24 hours after your last dose. Taking your pill at night can help to reduce any nausea or headache that you experience because of the hormones. Missing a pill increases the risk of becoming pregnant and takes it as soon as you remember. You also need to know that a birth control pill can not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases. The most common side-effects of birth control pills are an allergic reaction, blood clot in the lung, liver damage, high blood pressure etc. So, before starting the usage of the pill, contact your doctor.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to inform you of my story about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. On August 2006, I was diagnosed with a foot-long blood clot that went from my left thigh into my pelvis. While on bed rest in the hospital, I was asked if I was a smoker, had any blunt trauma to my leg, and had been sitting for a long period of time. My answer was no to all. I was also tested for blood conditions that cause clots to form. I came up negative on everything. The ONLY thing that caused me to get this was the birth control. I was 19 years old and could have DIED from taking this medication. Over 2 million people are diagnosed with DVT (deep vein thrombosis) every year and over 50% of people do not even know they have it!!! This condition causes 300,000 deaths each year. If ANYONE needs to get ahold of me for questions, please email me at *******

Thanks

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **