What can I take for a headache if I'm on spironolactone. They just changed my blood pressure med to this a few weeks ago and this is the 1st I've had a headache since then, so I never thought to ask. Tylenol is usually useless for me. I usually take 400mg ibuprofen for a minor headache... this is up there. May not warrant one of my 800mg that is still in my cabinet for when I hurt my arm, but this definately a 600mg ibuprofen headache if not more. Running about 100d temp too at the moment.

I saw online that shouldn't take ibuprofen with spironolactone, but was not sure if that meant daily or if every once in awhile would be ok. I'm on 100mg spironolactone.

You shouldn't take ibuprofen or other NSAIDs (including aspirin) at all. If Tylenol (= paracetamol/acetaminophen) doesn't work for you, try a codeine-based analgesic. You may find that a combination of paracetamol and codeine (co-codamol, sold as Atasol Codeine in the US) does work.

I cannot take codeine, severely allergic to that stuff. Excedrin used to work for me, but not with this medication. Will I have to suffer then I guess?