Hi! Last evening I cough a cold. I have a runny nose. I want to take some medication. My friend told me that Nyquil is very effective. I know that it's a popular medication for treating cold and flu symptoms. But I've just taken ibuprofen to relieve my menstrual cramps. Can I use Nyquil and ibuprofen at the same time?

Yes, your friend has right. Nyquil is excellent choice for cold. I always use it. But I'm not sure that you can mix it with some other painkiller. I know that you should not take Nyquil and some other drugs containing acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is pain reliever and it's the main ingredient of Nyquil. It's better to ask your pharmacist.

Yes. There are no direct drug interactions between ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) and Nyquil (any formula). Some Nyquil formulas have alcohol in them and can make you drowsy.

I'm not sure about the advil thing but you ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT mix Nyquil and Tylenol. It can kill you. They both contain Acetaminophen as an active ingredient and overdose of that is often fatal. This is such a problem that the FDA is actually investigating it. You don't have to take my word but please at least take a min and poke around on google before taking Tylenol and Nyquil together. It could save your life.

Guest wrote:

Spoke with a pharmacist & you should NOT mix Nyquil/Dayquil with Ibuprofen. You can mix Nyquil/Dayquil with Tylenol.

Did that pharmacist have cause to hate you? Because what you just said is the opposite of the truth, and potentially fatal. Ibuprofen is fine (contains no acetaminophen), but Tylenol and NyQuil/DayQuil should never be mixed (the back of the NyQuil box says "do not take other medicine containing acetaminophen," which is the active ingredient in Tylenol).

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! It is the exact opposite in fact...

I definitely WOULD NOT mix ibuprofen and nyquil together. I just had a friend whose brother just had a reaction from missing the two. He started convulsing, his eyes rolled into the back of his head, and he was unable to move or speak. He's still in the hospital recovering. Definitely DO NOT mix the two, just to be safe.

I take nyquil and and 1 ibuprophrin pm every night and I am fine. In fact, it's wonderful; puts me right into dream land. I was hoping someone would know if it would be ok to take darvocet and nyquil together? I know that too much of certain meds, including acetemophen, can cause serotonin syndrome, which can be fatal. I am not sure what is in darvocet, but I think nyquil contains acetemophen. Any thoughts on mixing nyquil and darvocet?

anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Horrbile , HORRIBLE idea . Mixing ibuprofen and Nyquil , fine . But doing it with Tylenol is going to make u sick, and maybe even kill you. Don't do that.

Well :-) I just mixed Nyquill with Ibuprofen. If I don't re-post tomorrow you will all know that it's not a good idea lol. Wish me luck!

GUYS! I think alex is DEAD!!!!

Actually, NyQuil has pain reliever in it. It's a different type, so it might take a bit longer to kick in, but it works just as well for me. But to answer your question, no don't mix those to.

i just took 4 ibuprofen and 30ml's of DayQuil and im fine it was like 5 hrs ago it's fine

buy the nyquil that is just cough it has the same ingredients but without the acetimenaphin?       that way you can take ibuprofren which works better for a fever and then the nyquil helps your symptoms and helps you sleep

Nick wrote:

GUYS! I think alex is DEAD!!!!

LMBO! Good one haha