My cousin had miscarriage five days ago. She suffers a lot and blame herself because she once used ibuprofen when she two months pregnant. Now she heard that ibuprofen can cause a miscarriage. Does anybody know for sure is it a truth? I'm also in first trimester of pregnancy and I'm scared.

Hi! I know it is so hard not to, but don't worry about having a miscarriage. I'm sorry but I need to tell you that it's true that ibuprofen can cause a miscarriage. I read in The British Medical Journal that women who use painkillers like aspirin or ibuprofen more suffer miscarriage then women who take paracetamol. But some other studies didn't find association between ibuprofen and miscarriage.

kathie wrote:

Hi, I'm Allana, I can testify to that also, because I got pregnant and didnt even know, so I went about life as normal, I had exams around that time and was expecting my period which was 'unusually' late, so I took 2 ibuprofen tabs, (around that same time my baby would have been 7 weeks), because I didnt want any distractions and discomforts during my exams. A few weeks later, when I started to bleed, I did an ultra sound and they saw a 7 week fetus (which was supposed to be more weeks that that) it turned out that I was having a miscarriage. So please be careful with ibuprofen, if I only knew I was pregnant then I would have never bought much less to think about taking ibuprofen.

i dont how far iam but so the more i take ibuprofen. it will more likly to cause a miscarriage or wat ????

i jus found out that i was pregnant im hearing a lot o people say it causes miscarriages then i hear that it doesnt. who else has had a miscarriage because of this drug?

i was at a wedding in SC one week and my feet were killing me from all the walking and dancing so i took a few ibuprofen, well about 3 days later i started bleeding really bad and i went to the bathroom and saw that i had had a miscarriage, i didn't even know i was prego till then, it really destroyed me to be honest. i havent taken ibuprofen since then and don't ever plan on it.

My period was late almost 70 days I thought it was from stress & the loss of my father earlier in the year. I had cramps, I was nauseous and I felt sick to make it worse my impacted wisdom tooth was killing me! I had been to the doctors they said I was fine told me to come back in 3 months???? I popped a couple ibrupofen and a couple of days later bleeding started had no idea!!

Yes it can causes mischarge. I was 11 weeks pregnant and my doctor gave me ibuprofen and i had mischarriage after 3 days

Pjprofessional, he gave you ibupfrofen and knew you were pregnant??

honestly... I'd bet anything that's not why. There are women all over who've actually TRIED to abort using ibuprofen and have failed & ended up having healthy kids.. (not that that's a GOOD idea).. but.. dr's go overboard ALL the time with the no caffiene, no raw fish, no this no that... yes.. you should be healthy... and i have three kids & have never been a smoker or really ever a drinker and I don't use drugs.. but.. I dyed my hair once or twice.. had a glass of wine here or there.. went in hot tubs.. and yes, used ibuprofen. (with my second I was 15 weeks when I found out!) Your body is amazing and will protect that baby to no end. Unfortunately.. that being said.. sometimes miscarraiges happen. If you're pregnant and worried about losing it... just relax & be healthy, thats all you can do. If you're pregnant and don't want to be..there's not much you can do other than go get the abortion pill or a surgical abortion or adoption.. because herbs and pain killers and whatever the hell else people try... don't work.. & even in the RARE case that it would.. you'll end up hurting yourself in the process. I'm sure I'll get a lot of negative response to this but I'm just being honest about people & what really happens.. two ibuprofens will not abort a pregnancy.

Omg,r u serious?? I didn't know that ibuprofen would do that,how many mg did u take,if u don't mind me asking?

what was the dosage on the ibuprofen?

i  did  take  a  ibuprofen   i  did  know  i  was  pragnat    next   week  i   find  out  i   was  pregnat  next   days   i   had   miscarriage    it  was  so   sad    i  dont   know  if   it   was   the   iburofen   or   somthing   else 

how many days ur bleeding for having miscarriage?

I can testify, It DOES cause miscarriages, I just had my second one this year the other day. Both times, a day after taking Ibuprophen, I misscarried. I thought it was just me, and I decided to look it up. Although, I talked to a doctor today aswell, and yes; It does cause miscarriages. Warn fellow future mothers.