Hi, guys. I have been recently diagnosed with bird allergy. I must admit that this came as a surprise. I love birds and it seems that I should avoid them now. Can anyone tell me if this is something that I will have all my life or not? I would really appreciate if someone could tell me this. Thanks.

Hi, there. Bird allergy is not as uncommon as people think. Many people suffer from it. Usually, people are allergic to feather or fecal matter. People who work or keep birds have the highest risks of developing this type of allergy. Those would be: zookeepers, farmers and bird fanciers. I think that this allergy does not have to last for a lifetime. You should consult your doctor. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, there. Most of bird allergy symptoms are mild. In many cases no medication is needed. Bird allergy can disappear on its own. In any case, you should consult a doctor. See if he will restrict your contact with birds. You haven’t mentioned whether you are a fancier or you just work with them. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with this! Bye!

Hello, good people. I have a friend who had a bird allergy when he was younger. Symptoms can be divided into two groups. The first ones are milder. Those would be: sneezing, running nose, watery eyes, etc. The second group is related to more serious symptoms. It mostly relates to lungs. In any case, you should consult a doctor. I hope everything will be fine. Bye!