Hi! I’m totally confused. I think that I’m allergic to pets. I have a dog and a cat. Sometimes I have all signs of allergic reaction. After few weeks I usually I feel better. I’m wondering is it possible that my allergy symptoms come and go? Does anybody have same experience?

Well, with allergies you never know what can happen. Maybe your immune system reacts in different way in different time. Maybe it’s not a bad idea to go to doctor and do allergy tests to see do you really allergic to pets. If you are, then you can take allergy shots. They are very effective.

Hallo,
Yes it is possible. This means the cause of your allergy is not always present. The fact that you have a pet allergy means that this might be induced by something specific that is not always present in the pets. Have you tested yourself for allergies at the hospital? I think that you should do an allergy test to see what is the real cause of the allergies that you have. Have you been using any medication that might prevent you from having allergic reaction? I hope that you will manage to find a way to clear this one ou. I hope that this helped you in any way.
All the best to you,
Karen

I've had the most unique experience that after a mental breakdown all of my allergies went away 3 years ago. Athsma, hayfever, tree allergies, feather, pet allergies, and scented candle allergies. Now as I recover, I have days where I am manic and my allergies return for the day. There is clearly a neurological basis for all the sneezing and it can turn on and off. Histidine a derivative of histamine is a neurotransmitter.

Most people assume that allergies are fixed.

Since you can observe that they come and go.

Here is Khawar Nehal's theory on allergies:

Overactive immune system = allergies
Underactive immune system = cancer.

Makes more simple sense now ?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use