Hi, folks. My friend suspects she has honey allergy, but I am not sure. I would like to help her somehow. Can anyone tell me what the most common signs and symptoms of honey allergy are? I will really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks to all who reply to my post.

Hi, there. I read that honey allergy is difficult to be determined. The most common signs and symptoms are burning sensations in mouth and oral mucosa. I think these symptoms are not so serious. On the other hand, more serious manifestation can appear. It is anaphylactic shock. If your friend suspects he is allergic, he must visit a doctor. He should avoid honey in that case. I hope it is only false alarm. Good luck! Bye!

Hallo,
To be honest with you this is the first time I have heard that there is a such thing as honey allergy. I thought that everybody was able to eat honey without any problems. As much as I could’ve found out this allergy is really rare and not many people have it. I know that some symptoms indicate burning in the mouth. Also you will have problems with your throat as well. In my opinion your friend needs to see a doctor in order to see if he really has honey allergy. I hope that you friend will be alright and that this helped you in any way.
All the best to you,
Karen

Hey,

I in fact suffer from quite a severe honey allergy. Although i'm not able to eat anything with more than .5% honey in it. On the odd occasion I did eat a little over that, my more minor symptoms were slight burning and swelling of the tongue and throat area, a rash around the mouth and neck, stomach cramps, shaking or dizziness, nausea and sometimes a mild headache. The severeness of ones allergy would obviously affect which symptoms and how badly they come on, but that may give you a basic idea.

My 3 main medications are zeatop, sudomyl and accolate. Also a hydrocortizone cream can help with rashes. I find these seem to combat it most effectively for me.

Hope this helps

The best medicine to honey allergy is honey itself. Pure and raw honey is completely different from processed honey. Processed honey is more like sugar syrup. Honey has anti-fungal, anti-bactrial and anti-viral properties, but you would find all these properties only in raw honey. May be start with 1/4 tea spoon of raw honey every day atleast half-an-hour before break fast, it should cure the allergy in you.

The best way to have honey is to pour it in the palm of your hand and lick it with the tip of the tounge.

hope this helps.

Try getting in contact with the CEO of Bee Rescued. He would be able to tell you. He's a beekeeper and knows about that sort stuff.