Hi, I am 27 years old and I would like to ask you about the bird allergy. Is it actually possible to be allergic to birds? My new boyfriend has a pet parrot and it looks like I am having breathing problems each time I get near that bird. He says that no one had the similar problems and I am really scared this might be some allergy…

Breathing problem might as well be the allergic reaction to a parrot and you should do the allergen test immediately. I say that because breathing issues is not something that you should let pass by unchecked, next time the allergy reaction might be much more serious. So, until you do the allergen test and consult with a doctor, avoid his bird!

Well,
The simplest answer to this question is yes, people can be allergic to birds. The fact is most people don’t know if they have allergy to birds because they do not come in contact with birds often. Now you have to understand that there are other things in the room that might cause you to have problems in breathing. Have you considered to do an allergy test in order to see what are you allergic to. I think that you just need to avoid the parrot in order not to have any problems with breathing when you are visiting him. I hope this helped you in any possible way.

Good luck,
Karel