Hello to you all! Can you share your opinions about the Tysabri drug treatment for Multiple Sclerosis with me please? I have been on another drug for a while now, but my MS has progressed and I have been facing new challenges. My doctor now suggested Tysabri. I do trust my doctor, but would like to hear your opinions first! Thanks!

I have been taking Tysabri for a year now. During this period of time, my MS has gone into remission for a while but has also come back. Overall, and from what I have read about the drug as well, I am satisfied. Unfortunately, there are no drugs that can halt MS altogether but I feel that Tysabri is doing a lot for me.

I think that other patients' views are not as important as what your doctor recommends. Your doctor knows you and your medical history, and the type of MS you have, and can make much more of an informed decision about what medication is the best for you than anybody you hear from on the internet can. Therefore, my advice is to listen to your doctor.

My husband had a few great months on the medication and then he had some exerbations, he has been on the tysabri for over a year and has no new lesions as of now.  He will receive another MRI Next month.   I agree one should listen to their doctor, but it is your life.... read all about it and weigh the risk.  My husband's doctor advised him to never go off Tysabri... at this point Biogen does not study patients after the two year mark ( this is my understanding)

I am trying to help other people who are currently going through, or are about to start a treatment with any form of Interferon, including Intron A, Roferon A, Pegasys, Betaseron, and others.

I set out to collect other patients' personal experiences with the drug, particularly how they coped with the side effects. I started interviewing people online but they were somewhat reluctant to share. In the end I interviewed four patients, and added my own experience with Interferon treatment. I asked them some questions based on what I would have liked to know if I was looking to learn how it feels to be on Interferon.

Besides the interviews, I also added some basic info about Interferons and what diseases they are used for. I hope this is of some help to you.

You can find the book here: https://www.steadyhealth.com/interferon-side-effects

It's completely free but, "Please, spread the word!". If it helps you, it might be of great help to someone else too.