Hello, folks. I am diagnosed multiple sclerosis and my doctor would like to include me in program with Tysabri. I am not sure what it is, but he speaks highly about it. I would like to know how everyone else is doing on this drug. I would be very grateful for all your replies. Bye!

Hi. Tysabri is laboratory-synthesized monoclonal antibody. It removes potentially dangerous immune cells from the bloodstream. It moves them into the brain and spinal cord. Many people show good results with this. The disability progression risk is reduced. Exacerbations are also fewer than with people who are not on this drug. It is given as an infusion once in every 4 weeks. However, it increases the risk of viral infection of the brain called progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. PML usually appears with patients who take other immunemodulating drugs, but there are certain cases when Tysabri is taken alone. PML can even be deadly. You should look at all aspects well with your neurologist before making a final decision.