I was on Alprozopan 0.5mg for two weeks. One tablet every eight hours decided to stop “cold-turkey” and I am currently experiencing horrible withdrawal symptoms (nervousness, insomnia, agitation, tremors). Can anyone tell me how long those symptoms will last for?

I am currently taking Xanax myself and trying to ween myself off but the Alprazolam withdrawal symptoms are horrible. It is so bad that I feel like I can barely function without them, But I heard that the best thing to do is to ween yourself off slowly by reducing your dose and then only taking it every other day and so on until your off of it. That is what I am doing, but it is a struggle.

I see many of your readers are interesting about medications and medicines, so now I going to touch that theme
Information about medicins
Alprazolam is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders attacks, Anxiety disorders are characterized by unrealistic worry and apprehension, causing symptoms of restlessness, aches, trembling, shortness of breath, smothering sensation, palpitations, sweating, cold clammy hands, lightheadedness, flushing, exaggerated startle responses, problems concentrating, and insomnia. Panic attacks occur either unexpectedly or in certain situations (i.e. driving), and can require higher dosages of alprazolam.
It belongs to a class of medications called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) because they are sedatives and cause dose-related depression because It works by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain to produce a calming effect. It works by enhancing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA).
They are useful in treating anxiety, insomnia, and muscle spasms.
Alprazolam may be taken with or without food. Alprazolam is metabolized by the liver and excreted mainly by the kidney. Dosages of alprazolam may need to be lowered in patients with abnormal kidney function.
Another medications are
Norco is prescribed for moderate to moderately severe pain. This is available in tablet, capsule, and liquid form and is taken every 4-6 hours by mouth.
The Lortab is prescribed for moderate to moderately severe pain. Hydrocodone binds to the pain receptors in the brain so that the sensation of pain is reduced. care must be taken to follow the doctor's instructions when taking Lortab.
Tylenol #3
Codeine is a prescription strength narcotic pain reliever and Tylenol is a
very effective over-the-counter medicine. .
Flexeril should be used only for short periods (no more than 3 weeks) And may be taken with or without food.

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed **

thanks

;-)

dgdgggdgdggdgd rtyu 6544hrtty rre

Try taking Omega 3 fatty acids purified 120 mg. start out with 3 soft chew of 120mg for the first week. then 2 soft chew of 120mg the second week. then 1 120mg soft chews the third week. should work great. i received great results.