Hello! My brother started to feel unrealistic anxiety and worry a year ago. He was bothered almost every day with different concerns. At first we thought it was connected with the stress and tiredness since he worked almost twelve hours a day but his condition became worse. His doctor diagnosed anxiety disorder and prescribed Xanax. Sometimes he takes ibuprofen for pain in his leg which he hurt in a car accident long time ago. I am not sure if taking ibuprofen and alprazolam is allowed.

Hello! Xanax (alprazolam) is indicated for the treatment of anxiety disorder. As I know a possible drug interaction with alprazolam is suggested for the following drugs: erythromycin, clarithromycin, diltiazem and isoniazid. I also heard that grapefruit juice may interact with alprazolam as well. Since all pain relievers could cause drowsiness maybe the combination of ibuprofen and alprazolam could increase it. I haven’t heard on any other possible interaction between ibuprofen and alprazolam. But, the best thing is to consult his doctor.