Hi, I would like to ask you a question about my mother’s depression and panic attacks. Even though she goes to doctors a lot, she tends to experiment with medications a lot and that is something even I know she mustn’t. Her latest combo includes Fluoxetina and Clonazepam and I don’t know what to expect.

You should try talking to her and explaining that what she is doing is far from good. I mean, these two meds, mixed might have a boosted effect and that might lead to serious CNS and respiratory depression and that is not just not good, but very, very bad and dangerous situation.

Dont worry.!
Combination of fluoxetine and clonezapam is safe. no doubt, it has some minor side effects, but that can be handled.
Basically fluoxetine is a long term acting anti depressant (called SSRI) and also prescribed for panic disorder and takes 4 - 5 weeks to take it's full effect. so some of the Psychiatrist prescribe clonezapam with fluoxetine to have a quick effect and to suppress side effects of fluoxetine, such as mild anxiety and insomnia.One more point to note is that flouxetine should not be taken at the late night time as it has mild effect on sleep....in short, it keeps you awake. Best is to take fluoxetine at night not latter than 8.00 pm.clonezapam along with this helps to prevent insomnia and other side effects.

By the way what is the dosage of this two medicine she is taking??
Like i said....dont worry.....!! its safe!. ... I have been taking fluoxetine (flunil-20mg) once every morning and clonazepam(zapiz-0.25) for last two month. my dosage was higher previously, but i slowly reduced it to the one i said above.

If she would have been on alprazolam along with fluoxetine, than i would tell you to worry about it because alprazolam is highly addictive and difficult to come out of it , if u or any one is taking that medicine on regular basis.
I can give u more detail info on this, cos i have consumed this medicines before and it is SAFE!

I was prescribed this medicine by my family doctor, who is also a Psychiatrist, for panic disorder.

[PM me your email id. and/or your cel no.(if you are in bombay) & if you wish to talk about it]

Pls send me a test mail. I look forward to write to you personally. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Ur no. Please